My Pants Are Annoying Me!

Options
13»

Replies

• BlithesomeOne
    Options
    Probably the worst part about having your pants become too big is that you're not even allowed to complain about it! My boyfriend's response every time I say something is "But that's a good thing, right?" Yes, it's a good thing, but it's very unpleasant to wear clothes that don't fit properly. At this point my biggest motivation for reaching my goal (aside from being healthier) is that I'll finally be able to invest in real clothes again! :bigsmile:
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options

By the way, went from darn-near 40 down to 32.

That's great! I'll be happy with 34.
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    The expense of changing sizes is why I've been exclusively shopping at consignment/thrift shops (like Savers, Goodwill, etc). I'm getting a bag full of clothes for the same price of 1 or 2 new items at a dept. store.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy New pants til I have to... I roll mine o_0 lol
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm not a seamstress, but taking in your pants (most pants, even jeans) is pretty easy. Or take them to a seamstress and have them do it. I can usually take them in and go down a size 2 different times before it starts to get weird. Today I wore what were last year's size 20 pants (I'm now a 14/16.) You can find good tutorials online. Or, again, find a tailor. We have several in town and the rates are reasonable and results, professional.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    get a belt, silly

This..lol
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I only have one belt, it's one that fits any size so i haven't had to buy a new one for 6 years! I'm cheap so I go to goodwill to get trackies and all sorts of things, I wish I was up to having my clothes be too big, at the moment they're all too small
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your annoyance.. oh, wait.. I mean your weight loss. :happy:

It truly is the best annoyance. So much better than trying to squeeze into them and popping out of the top.
    And today on the way home from the dog park, I felt like my shorts were going to fall off. So I get ya! :wink:
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I HATE baggy jeans! I don't need them to be skin tight, but I can't stand having to pull them up (or wear a belt for that matter). I just spent $200 on clothes within the last week, and I wore one of the jeans today, and by the end of the day I'm thinking I should have bought a smaller size.

Also, I don't know if other people have this problem, but my pants are also too long now. Maybe it's because I've lost so much butt?
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Goodwill? Salvation army? Thrift stores? Might be a cheap way to get some pants that fit until you are ready to buy a new pair... :smile:
  • Chainie
    Chainie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just take pants off. I promise I won't look...

Doh! I looked. Okay try again now...

Doh! Really I won't look this time.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I feel you. A lot of my pants are too baggy, i was just thinking today that i cant wait any longer, im gonna have to get some new ones.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to buy underwear! I always forget to buy the underwear...

Yeah, that's the other problem I am having right now. :embarassed:

You know, this is a nice problem to have :) But seriously, I know how you feel. I was tight in size 38 pants in August, 2011 and recently had to purchase 1 pair of blue jeans and a pair of short size 32 and 6 pack of of underwear,

I feel your pain about investing into new set of clothes. But you know what? Spending few hundred bucks on new clothes is much better than spending thousands on heart surgeries or strokes or anything else that comes with being overweight. Congrats on shedding 26LBS, by the way!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!