Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting Healthy with PCOS

Hi folks,

I am relatively new to MFP. I have PCOS and need to focus on getting fit and losing weight as a) I want to feel good and b) If we are going to have a kid we need to get started within this year. I just turned 34. I've never been in a rush to have a kid and have tried to stay relatively fit with PCOS but this is the time to get it done.

I am interested in connecting with anyone who pushes it in the gym and follows a healthy diet and of course PCOS'ers. If you are looking for some real support, I've got you and am looking for the same.

WooHoo--losing this gut!

Becca

Replies

• Hi there. I have pcos and would love to mutually support :-)
  • lmruthe
    lmruthe Posts: 14 Member
    Me too. I hate it so much. I did get pregnant naturally in 2008 after 2 years of trying. So I started the 30 day shred 2 weeks ago. Hope I can get on my way to getting my Jackson a little brother or sister.
  • Unstoppable4
    Unstoppable4 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm also dealing with PCOS, trying to get healthy so that when I finally have my little one, I can be healthy for him or her. I'm looking to connect with other cysters as well.
  • sylmcguigan
    sylmcguigan Posts: 48 Member
    Hey there,
    I'm in the same boat as you. I want to lose 30-50 pounds before I start trying, as I'd really like the Clomid or whatever I'm given to actually have a chance with a lot less weight on me.
    I also don't want to be the fat mom (like my mother was/is) that can't do things with their kids because they're so out of shape, or too self-conscious because of their weight to participate.
    Feel free to add me if you need some motivation or need someone to talk to about this damn disorder.