Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hate exercising?

2»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    That's because you're thinking of exercise as work when it should be play. You need to find things you enjoy doing (but keep an open mind you never know when you may grow to love something that you thought you'd hate) and have fun doing it.

You also have to make a decision as to what you're willing to do to achieve your goals. It's like everything else in life, you get back what you put into it.
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    I hate exercising too, but I've tried to lose weight just by changing my eating habits and it wasn't enough. I know I need to exercise in order to improve my health, so I started with the only thing that I was ever good at -- swimming. As much as I hate putting on the bathing suit, it helps me see every day why I need to do this. The first day I got in the pool I could only swim 400 yards. Within a few weeks I was able to swim a mile, just by pushing myself a little more each time.

I also joined a gym and signed up for some sessions with a trainer. He's showing me how to use the treadmill more effectively, and is helping me learn other things I can do to mix it up and keep from getting bored. After working with him a few times I realized that I really don't like perspiring. I just hate the feeling of being hot and sticky. I think that's why I prefer swimming -- I can't feel myself perspire because I'm already wet, and the pool keeps me feeling cool!

I'm tricking myself into exercising by doing things I can tolerate. I also go first thing in the morning before I can really think about it. It's becoming part of my routine, and once I get into the gym I see all these other people who seem to be really fired up and that's contagious.

I'm focusing on what I WANT (to lose 50 lbs and look better) instead of what I DON"T want ("I don't want to exercise.") Maybe that will help?