Context, people

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
Scenario: someone posts a question complaining that they are starving and wants advice.

What should you do?
Step 1: take a look at their diary.
Is their diary closed or locked? Then don't give out random advice like like "drink a bunch of water", and "eat fiber one bars", and "brush your teeth". Ask to see the diary, or to describe in great detail what they've been doing so far.

Is their diary open? Then READ it. Has this person been netting triple digit calories for weeks on end? Then guess what, they're friggen starving! They need to EAT FOOD. They don't need to "drink a bunch of water", and "eat fiber one bars", and "brush their teeth"

Has this person been netting a sane level of calories for weeks on end? ONLY THEN is advice like "drink a bunch of water", and "eat fiber one bars", and "brush your teeth" actually valid. But better advice would be to make sure you're getting plenty of protein and plenty of fiber. Again, this is context-sensitive. It depends on the scenario.

This is in response to countless threads where people are blindly asking for advice without any context and a closed diary, then countless fools responding with nonsensical advice.

Thank you. Have a nice day, and make sure to drink plenty of water and brush your teeth before bed time.

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a glass of water...
    :drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Do you need to eat a Fiber One bar?
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry. Please give me permission to just eat aimlessly. Preferably bbq potato chips and beer.

Please and thank you. :drinker:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry. Please give me permission to just eat aimlessly. Preferably bbq potato chips and beer.

I heard if you eat while hanging upside down off the side of the bed your body can't absorb the calories!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Did you brush your teeth?
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    How often should i poop?
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

I heard if you eat while hanging upside down off the side of the bed your body can't absorb the calories!

Must be why there are no fat bats. I'm totally doing this.
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    JULES: How often should i poop?

Can I just say how much I love this post, especially with Fizzgig yowling at the side? :O)
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Could always try eating when you're hungry, and not eating when you're not, your body knows what it needs.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options

LMFAO!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Could always try eating when you're hungry, and not eating when you're not, your body knows what it needs.

712657d1337394705-need-some-help-identifying-watch-what-gen-seamaster-thanks-point_over_your_head.jpg

And to add to that if you do want to give advice it's much better to do this based on the person's macro/micronutrient consumption rather than saying "you shouldn't eat xyz food because they have too much fat/carbs/sodium etc. etc."
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    well, you never answered my question on how to stop my iPhone from turning chobani into chicano so I no longer listen to your advice! :P
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options

This made me laugh so hard lol
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options

LMBO good one!!'
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Does it? I wonder how all of us got fat then lol?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    well, you never answered my question on how to stop my iPhone from turning chobani into chicano so I no longer listen to your advice! :P

LEGS!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    What about the "my thighs are giant" threads where they want an exercise to make the thighs less giant but we have no idea what the body fat percentage is, what kind of deficit they're doing, etc. Or even, what their massive thigh measurements are.

Context there seems kindda important too. (though the answer is 1-lose body fat all over and your fat thighs will be smaller or 2--address your body dysmorphia).
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    <3
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    lol
    Right....you might be a little cranky.
    But if you do eat one, be sure to drink plenty of water or the problem will only be worse.....
    lol