Too much protein?

Options
124»

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I just tracked a meal through my canal as taking 40 hours (using yellow corn).
    I think you have way too much time on your hands. You should find some other activities; read book. ride a bike or just about anything else. Tracking corn should not be on anyones "to do" list.
  • mrsjarvis11
    mrsjarvis11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses and advice. I have been trying to cut back on carbs as well. I will have to ignore MFP red number at the totals part of my food intake!
  • Futureiznow
    Options
    I just tracked a meal through my canal as taking 40 hours (using yellow corn).
    I think you have way too much time on your hands. You should find some other activities; read book. ride a bike or just about anything else. Tracking corn should not be on anyones "to do" list.

Haha. Was just curious how long it took for the meal to "pass". Useful information. Though I can't tell how long it spent
    specifically in the stomach, small and large intestine.
  • DerrickB69
    Options
    I agree that this site's macros on carbs are too high. It'll just lead to weight gain. I adjusted my settings. And protein IS essential to building muscle and losing weight. I try to consume at least one gram per pound of bodyweight. The numbers will work out then. Of course, you only want to do it per pound of bodyweight when you are not obese or more. Otherwise, there's a little art involved to figuring it out.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses and advice. I have been trying to cut back on carbs as well. I will have to ignore MFP red number at the totals part of my food intake!

Or adjust you goals so that there are closer to how you eat. My Home/Goals/Custom set the % to whatever works for you.