Trying to get in shape BEFORE having a baby?

Options
Hey guys. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who is trying to get into shape before they have a baby

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That would be me! I gained 60 pounds with my first. She'll be 4 in September and I still haven't lost it. We are currently trying for #2, and I am trying to lose weight so maybe this one will be a healthy pregnancy.
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Me... Well, it'll be at least 3 years before I plan to get pregnant, but I know I couldn't have a healthy pregnancy at this weight... So while it's not my primary goal, it is one reason.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Me! I am trying to get pregnant and I would really like to workout during my pregnancy , so I would have an easier labor and maybe not have so much baby weight to loose.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm getting near an age where it's gotta happen soon and it hasn't happened so far, so I'm going to lose as much as I can and start trying come January.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    How bout just try not to get soo fat when your pregnant? What does your baby weigh when its born, 6-9 lbs? I know this girl who gained like 50 lbs and had a 4 lb baby. Lmao.
  • Sdfouts
    Sdfouts Posts: 10
    Options
    It's one reason for me. I had a miscarriage in August 2010 because of my weight and now I'm trying to get it off to boost fertility and have a better chance once I do conceive.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Great idea to lose weight before getting pregnant! Your risk factor for all sorts of complications, like preeclampsia and premature birth, goes down and your child will have a greater chance of having good health outcomes later in life! However, you shouldn't try to lose weight while pregnant. Don't overdo it, just make sure your weight gain is normal for where you are in your pregnancy.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I can thoroughly recommend it, the healthier weight you are, the easier it is to get pregnant.
    Also, the fitter you are, birth itself can be easier, and getting the bod back after as well!