Body revolution starts today 7/26/2012

Options
Who is just starting body revolution? Completed day 1.... It seems to be pretty phenomenal...Plan is to note daily ups/downs...anyone else just starting this journey? I had intended to start this yesterday actually, but other aspects of life got in the way...so I either just make today my official start, or make yesterday the official start with a rest day at the beginning....may just do this because of my work schedule next week

Replies

• wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have Body Rev but I skipped to Phase 3 on account of doing 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 prior to it. I still use the Phase 2 and 3 workouts for strength circuits, and they are AWESOME! Im using another program currently as my "main" workout though.

Good luck! Its a great program! I love JM!
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Got thru day 2 of body revolution...lower body and cardio...tough workout, but pretty do-able. On the cardio there is a certain belief that I have some coordination...very limited supply!
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did Phase 1&2 and should have finshed Phase 3 by now but with a hectic schedule I stopped. Planning on starting Phase 3 after my vacation next week! Feel free to add me!! I've seen great results so far!!
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    Day 5 completed...back, biceps, gluteus...cardio....one week at a time....
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Got through phase 2 and then just stopped. I am so angry at myself. Phase 3 was a little too intense and instead of starting 2 again I just stopped. Granted we were in the process of moving...and blah blah blah excuses....lol. Starting again on phase 1 next Monday. I had lost 17 pounds and like 40 inches in the 2 months! Great workout!!!
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    Phenomenal results Corrine! Come join me...we can encourage each other...I suspect you will be able to fly right thru the first couple weeks. And progress more quickly since your muscles will remember the exercises and adapt pretty quickly!
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    So today, rather than taking a rest day since I finished the QuickStart kickstart week, rather than taking today as a rest day, did workout day 1. So that means I'm fully 1 week into the program...
  • dnfaith
    dnfaith Posts: 13
    Options
    Im finding that I am SUPER discouraged by the cardio DVD. I can do Workout 1 and Workout 2 pretty easily and even do some of the harder modifications but the cardio dvd kills me. I dont get it! Its frustrating.
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    Whereas I find some of those leg pulls things on workout2 to be a pain...just not wonderfully coordinated! The worst one for me on cardio...which, in looking in the various boards, seems to be 'running man'....I do modify that a little because I just can't do the speed on it....best I can manage...all that counts! I didn't check measurements after finishing kickstart week, but I do notice my pants are looser and I'm down 5 pounds on scale without following her diet plan...makes me a happy camper
  • dnfaith
    dnfaith Posts: 13
    Options
    YES! The running man is torture. The arm circles during the leg kicks get me too. The leg kicks dont bother me but the arms kill me. Cardio went a little better last night. I think my problem was that I always tried to be an over acheiver and would try to slip a cardio DVD in after I did Workout 1 or Workout 2. Apparently my body was just too tired even though I didnt feel like it was. I was surprised how much better I did when I started the cardio DVD completely fresh and energized! Its amazing what happens when you use common sense lol
  • Plmunro23
    Options
    I started Body revolution on 7/30/12. I am an obese 50 year old woman that decided to do the 7 day kick start. I have to modify some of the moves, but I did it. I have one more cardio tonight before my rest day tomorrow. I have been following her food plan as well. I used to eat 1200 calories at one meal and now I am eating that in one day. Weigh in is tomorrow.
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    Welcome! I'm nearly two weeks into this program...I didn't do the food portion of the kickstart, but I did do both workouts a day for the kickstart. Now I'm glad I'm just on the once daily workout because I get it done befor I leave for work...means getting up at 4:30a
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    Okay...accountability time...did I get up every day at 4:30am to push play? You bet I did...felt like I'd fall over sometimes doing it because I'd roll out and turn on the video...otherwise it wasn't getting done...clothes fit looser, rings not so tight...can usually get my tight one off even in the evening...all small successes, but I will take them anyway...will have to recheck measurements next week
  • ktkiffer
    ktkiffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just started JM Body Revolution last week... Although I'm not going to do the KickStart Meal Plan until Week 4 because we go on vacation in a week... I figured it'll be best to "purge" my body of the bad stuff after vacay... I've done the workouts every day with the exception of the cardio segments. Instead of doing the video, I run 5K. I'm still in the newbie zone where I'm all gung-ho - I just hope it lasts!!! Reading all the posts on here defintiely helps keep me motivated. Week 1 official weigh in is tomorrow - so we'll see what happens with scale!
  • Plmunro23
    Options
    Weighed in this morning. Down 3 pounds the first week. I was hoping for more because usually when I start a new diet I lose about 7 pounds. I am happy with my success and the fact that I completed the first week. Glad to hear someone else is struggling with the running man. I feel much better, which is motivating me to go on. Week 2 start tomorrow. I have a goal of 2 pound loss this week.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The running man kills me too. I'm almost done with Kickstart week and that's the only exercise I can't do all the way. So I modify it and jog/swing my arms to keep moving. Hope we'll get it as our endurance grows stronger...

I get up at 6 am to do workout 1 and I feel like I'm falling all over the place the first few minutes. About 10 mins in, I'm getting it though.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good job on the first week Plmunro23. I'm not expecting huge weight loss when I weigh in in a couple days but hopefully the total (after 90 days) will add up :)
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    The big pieces are that it is changing body shape even if ther eisnt the profound weight loss...clothes fit differently...etc....I am finding that my pants are all getting longer....hhhmmmmm......!!!
  • Plmunro23
    Options
    This week I was traveling so I did not do as well, but I was still able to stay the same. That is a win for me. I am going to repeat week 3 because I missed three of her work outs. How are others doing?
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel like the first few minutes are killers! On work days, my alarm goes off at 430a.m. I'm not sure I'm even registering a blood pressure at that hour that is conducive to life forces, but I still get up and moving, and by 10 minutes into it I actually have my eyes open...sort of!