Strength Training Low Impact

Options
So I have been looking for some good strength training exercises that I could do at home. Not aerobic killers but good old fashioned strength training. Today I happend across the DCC workout with the Dallas Cheerleaders on Exercise TV. Its on demand its a free 30 min workout and it definitly makes a point. :smile:

Grab a set of dumbells if you have them (they are not required) and try it! Let me know what you think! :wink:

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I could give you a million, but can you be more specific? What are your goals? Are you looking to add some definition and tone to existing muscles, add size to essentially non-existent muscles, or maybe you are looking for actual strength gains instead of doing it for looks? These techniques can all utilize slightly different regimens, workout lengths, and timing.

you give me the answer to that and I can give you some good routines.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    So I have been looking for some good strength training exercises that I could do at home. Not aerobic killers but good old fashioned strength training. Today I happend across the DCC workout with the Dallas Cheerleaders on Exercise TV. Its on demand its a free 30 min workout and it definitly makes a point. :smile:

Grab a set of dumbells if you have them (they are not required) and try it! Let me know what you think! :wink:

I especially like the plyometric push ups.......

(Sorry--couldn't help it). :devil:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    lol!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I could give you a million, but can you be more specific? What are your goals? Are you looking to add some definition and tone to existing muscles, add size to essentially non-existent muscles, or maybe you are looking for actual strength gains instead of doing it for looks? These techniques can all utilize slightly different regimens, workout lengths, and timing.

you give me the answer to that and I can give you some good routines.

I'm looking to add some definition and tone existing muscles. I'm looking to hit biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back (upper and lower), glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calfs. I have dumbells at home, plus resistance bands and a weighted bar (15 lbs) and I also have access to a gym with free weights and a few machines. Due to my fibromyalgia my cardio is not very long right now, but I'm working on building it up.:happy: I'm doing between 20-25 mins a day about 4 times a week. Got any good routines you can recommend??
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I'm looking to add some definition and tone existing muscles. I'm looking to hit biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back (upper and lower), glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calfs. I have dumbells at home, plus resistance bands and a weighted bar (15 lbs) and I also have access to a gym with free weights and a few machines. Due to my fibromyalgia my cardio is not very long right now, but I'm working on building it up.:happy: I'm doing between 20-25 mins a day about 4 times a week. Got any good routines you can recommend??

yeah, but I'm leaving work in 10, so I don't have time to write it out right this second. I'll do it a little later on.
  • tiffani82
    tiffani82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was actually wondering if anyone had tried the workout before, but since you asked I am looking to tone up. I am short so I want to first go lean. Then work on definition. :smile: