Options
    1/2 cup gorbanzo beans or other beans
    1/2 cottage cheese
    or
    green salad with grilled chicken and a vinigerette dressing
    or
    chicken with green beans/corn/carrot sticks
    or
    canned tuna with spicy brown mustard (I can't stand eating tuna plain!) with some sort of veggie
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Salad, maybe mixed nuts and raisins, low fat/low cal pudding or jello.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Right now it's homemade vegetable soup with a little cheese melted in it. Super filling and not high calorie so long as you avoid most of the high carb vegetables.
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I eat the exact same lunch every day right now. A salad made with spinach, chunks of grilled or baked chicken, grape tomatoes, and a drizzle of light dressing; an apple; and fage greek yogurt. It sounds boring but it is really yummy--the key is seasoned chicken and a very crisp apple (pink lady is my current favorite).
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    Because I only cook for myself, I am big on leftovers.
    Today will be Parmesan Oat chicken with roast veges (sweet potato, pumpkin (skin on - yum!!), brussels sprouts)

I will occasionally make a salad wrap with chicken, egg, tuna or salmon.

Sometimes I'll steam veges and add protein. Sometimes a can of baked beans and veges. I've even been known to just bring an assortment of raw veges to work to nibble on and finish with fruit and yoghurt.

Very rarely I'll have my 'breakfast' for lunch - oats, cereal, yoghurt etc.

But leftovers are the biggest one for me. I so look forward to them!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Leftovers, slightly less than what I had the night before for dinner. if I have 6-8oz of chicken/beef/ground turkey the night before, I'll bring 3-4oz of it for luch with a salad or leftover greens from the night before. I tend to stay low/no carb as far as the "meal" is concerned b/c I like to snack at work! I have a weakness for honey wheat pretzels :blushing:
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Leftovers, slightly less than what I had the night before for dinner. if I have 6-8oz of chicken/beef/ground turkey the night before, I'll bring 3-4oz of it for luch with a salad or leftover greens from the night before. I tend to stay low/no carb as far as the "meal" is concerned b/c I like to snack at work! I have a weakness for honey wheat pretzels :blushing:

Wow, I used "night before" waaaayyy too much, here.
  • smartfitmom3
    Options
    I usually have a black bean quesadilla(whole grain tortilla), oatmeal with fruit, or Shakeology, maybe even a PB sandwich on whole grain bread...
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options

Wow, I used "night before" waaaayyy too much, here.

And then you reposted all of them....:happy: