Tighter tummy

Options
Annadel
Annadel Posts: 146 Member
I am really watching my diet and doing 30 day Shred, plus 30 min cardio pls few classes at my work gym here and there like yoga, Zumba.
My weight increased by 3 lbs but my tummy is getting tight. Still some rolls in lower belly. Getting tummy tight is good sign?? Or that am gaining weight.

Replies

• butterfly3507
    Options
    I think it is a good sign. I have always heard and read that muscle weighs more than fat. So maybe you gained 3lbs in muscle...I always find the lower part of my stomach is the hardest to slim down.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    The weight gain is likely water weight. Or it could be fluctuations related to your hormonal cycle. You're better off using a tape to measure progress.

It is extremely unlikely you've put on 3 pounds of muscle eating at a calorie deficit, and doing circuits.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yeha muscle does way more than fat, and it's denser too, so you'll not realize you have it till you go to move the couch to vacuum and it slides across the floor ha ha. always go by measurements as the final say.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Actually... mustcle weights the same as fat... remember, back in elementary school, when they would ask, what weights more? 1 pound of feathers or a pound of rocks? And people would always say rocks?! Welp... same thing. Muscle is just tighter and more compact than fat. So, you can weigh 140 and be skinny fat, or you can be 140 and muscular and look smaller...

A pound is a pound. Regardless. :)

Also, remember abs are made in the kitchen. Dial in your nutrition!