HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYY

Options
I ate 1500 something calories today...with around 600calories burned....which makes me HUNGRY!! gosh darn i'm hungry, headache cant sleep hungry. Is this normal? do you ever feel this way after a loww calorie day? how do i get rid of my hunger headache and sleep without eating?

Replies

• carmie12345
    Options
    Are you eating back the calories you burn off? You should at the very least be eating back enough calories to meet a minimum of 1200.
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    nope
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    So, you've given your body 900 calories to work with today and you're wondering why you're hungry?

It's because you're HUNGRY! Eat!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal to feel like crap when you are hungry because you haven't eaten enough. Girl, you need to eat.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You have a headache because your blood sugar is crashing. You need to eat more in a day when you work out like that.
  • carmie12345
    Options
    I just started on this site this month too. The 1500 calories a day thing is the net. So if you eat 1800 calories but burn off 300, you are meeting the 1500 daily goal. If you are eating only 1500 and burning off 600, you only have 900 calories for the day which is basically starving your body of fuel.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Follow the advice to eat your calories :)
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    But isn't it REALLY bad to eat right before bed?
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Then eat...something healthy of course, it's not good to starve yourself.,...your defeating the purpose by doing so. Eat until your satisfied (not overly full) and then stop. But first drink a few glasses of water or some milk. That's what I do when I feel this way.
  • carmie12345
    Options
    Generally that is the rule. But if you are having hunger pains that bad you should really listen to you body and eat, and then just try again tomorrow doing it the right way.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Nope. Eat whenever you need to/want to (within your calorie limit - and you have 600 cals to eat today!)
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options

no no, it is not bad to eat if you are truly hungry and have calories left, even if bedtime is soon. Keep it simple, something like a fruit, some milk, something to satisfy your hunger, some grains (oatmeal, bread, etc.).
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You can have a small meal of something easy to digest, maybe some fruit and yogurt and small amount of nuts...equal to 500 calories.
    Tomorrow, eat back your exercise calories!
  • tmulrich123
    Options
    It does not matter when you eat. typically they say its bad to get into the habit of eating before bed. but in actuality a hamburger at lunch or a hamburger right before bed makes ZERO difference
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, you need to up your calories.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Eating before isn't a big deal! It is important to get in enough calories though. Also, some foods kind of block the "full sensors" in your stumich so if you feel hungery shortly after you eat, then you might want to try eating some different kinds of food. For you in particular though, it just sounds like you need to eat a few mor calories! :) Oh and make sure that you are getting enough water too!
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    Okay, so i found something green in the fridge, covered it in pepper and started eating. My headache was gone after the first bite! Thankyou guys (For making me feel less horrible about eating.)
  • carmie12345
    Options
    No problem!!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Eat back most, if not all, of your exercise calories. Also, looking back on a few days in your diary, I notice that your meals range WIDELY as far as calories go. Breakfast and lunch shouldn't be 10, 95, 125, or even just 200 calories each. I know you've probably heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day about a million times before, but it's TRUE. It's built right into its name: you are breaking your fast. Get all of your main meals up to something around 350 calories minimum, fill the rest of the day's calories with snacks at healthy intervals, and have a lot of those calories come from high fibre, high protein foods, with a side of healthy fats. Fruits, veggies, lean meats, legumes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, heart-healthy cooking oils. Make sure to drink (and log) your water intake, too, because that can cause you to think you are hungry when you are not, it can cause headaches, fatigue, etc.

Once your calories are spread more evenly over the day, and you have slow-digesting fuel in your system, your blood sugar will stabilize and you won't feel so hungry on a calorie deficit.