fat and have the flu

Options
ok so i have been doing really well getting my tush to the gym to workout...eating my fat smash diet phase one...fruits and veggies and some beans, etc. so my problem is i feel like total garbage...like ive been hit by a truck. i think i have the flu. im weak, achy, stuffy nose, headache, fever...little dizzy. but i have calories i need to burn, but im worried if i take a day or two off from working out it will be hard for my butt to get back in the gym. what are your thoughts on sickness and continuing to work out. i know being sick the gym is off limits i dont want anyone else to get sick. but its cold outside....gosh here comes the dizzyness...

Replies

• swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    DON'T GO TO THE GYM!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO SPREAD IT! Take it easy rest and eat less so you don't have calories that are reqired to burn. This will pass and you will be back at it but please be considerate of ur gymmates by not sharing! ;)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you have the flu? How long have you been doing the diet? Sometimes these diets that severely restrict carbs can have many of those symptoms. If this is the first week or two of doing it, I wouldn't be surprised if this was your body's initial reaction to a low/no carb diet. Not that it couldn't be the flu, but just wanted you to know.
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! im just worried, id hate to lose this 19 lbs for the flu to mess me up but ill keep at it!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up with a cold and I worked out straight through it. I have my own equipment so I wasn't worried about tansmitting it, and excersising actually helped me feel better.

However, the las time I had the flu was about five years ago I did nothing but sleep. Not a recomended way to lose a quick 5 lbs.

I say get yourself healthy so you can more effectivly get back to getting yourself healthy. You're not going to gain 19 pounds in a few days, even if you go crazy.
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    Are you sure you have the flu? How long have you been doing the diet? Sometimes these diets that severely restrict carbs can have many of those symptoms. If this is the first week or two of doing it, I wouldn't be surprised if this was your body's initial reaction to a low/no carb diet. Not that it couldn't be the flu, but just wanted you to know.

no im not sure...ive been doing it for 9 days today. i had a headach the first day but after that i was fine. but i just got over the flu not three weeks ago and i was figuring my body was still fighting it and ive been majorly busting my buns in the gym and the diet i figured it my have my immune system down. ive had a bad cough the whole time also.
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    `
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    I'm just finishing up with a cold and I worked out straight through it. I have my own equipment so I wasn't worried about tansmitting it, and excersising actually helped me feel better.

However, the las time I had the flu was about five years ago I did nothing but sleep. Not a recomended way to lose a quick 5 lbs.

I say get yourself healthy so you can more effectivly get back to getting yourself healthy. You're not going to gain 19 pounds in a few days, even if you go crazy.

lol i sure hope i dont gain!! i was planning on laying low...lots of vitamine C and healthy choice chicken noodle soup.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think it's OK to allow your body to rest when it's telling you something...... by all the symptoms you have, illness or not. You can do some light activity at home ....... stretching, light weights etc.

Just watch the calories! No laying around eating bon-bons! :laugh: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    I think it's OK to allow your body to rest when it's telling you something...... by all the symptoms you have, illness or not. You can do some light activity at home ....... stretching, light weights etc.

Just watch the calories! No laying around eating bon-bons! :laugh: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

LOL...feeling much better, just needed some rest, no weight gain, and back to the gym today!! thanks for the support!!