Chickpea tomato basil salad

Options
SamanthaAnnM
SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
I thought about blogging this recipe but decided to post it here instead! I made this tonight, found it on pinterest.

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (I just bought two containers and it did just fine)
25 large basil leaves, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp honey (10g)
pinch of salt

I doubled the recipe since my whole family was eating it, and the recipe said it only had 2 servings. But the final product was definitely more than 4 servings, so in MFP when I entered the recipe I said it was 5. Only 240 calories per serving!!! Perfect as a side dish (we grilled fish as an entree) or a light meal. And it was really filling. The flavors were incredible. I mixed the chickpeas, grape tomatoes, basil, and garlic first in a big bowl, and in a smaller bowl combined the vinegars, olive oil, and honey . After whisking together the dressing I poured it into the chickpea salad and mixed it in well and set it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Here's the original blog post with the recipe: http://greenlitebites.com/2011/06/20/chickpea-and-tomato-salad-with-fresh-basil/

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that no one replied to your post!!!!! Maybe I'll start a frenzy for you. This recipe sounds soooooo good. Thank you very much. I'll be making this for sure -- sounds like I'll get a few meals from one batch. Have a successful weekend! :drinker:
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    BUMP....just to be sure I can get this later!