A Pulmonary Embolism Will Definitely Wake You Up...

Options
2»

Replies

• amandakalani
    Options
    Thank you all for your nice comments! It really made me smile! I have only met one survivor of a PE, I know there are more survivors, but it's more deadly than not, so I know I am truly lucky to be here. Thanks again!
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fellow PE survivor here! Fortunately for me, I had already dropped 35 lbs and was running regularly so my heart was in really good shape. If it had happened a year before, I'm not so sure I would have had the same outcome. Mine was caused by a leg injury (torn calf muscle) that went undiagnosed (let's just put you on crutches for two weeks and see how it feels). Well, guess what folks? When you have a bleeding injury (internal) and you don't address it properly, you can get blood clots. When the clots move to your heart/lungs/brain you can die. It is so important for people to know that if you think something is wrong, get checked out. If you don't get an answer, keep checking! It wasn't until I had trouble breathing that I finally went to the ER. And I could have avoided the whole episode completely if I had just pressed for a second opinion with an orthopedist.

Thank you so much for sharing your story (and letting me share mine)! You are truly a survivor in more ways than one and you may just help save someone else with your willingness to share.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!