I hate Friday Nights Because I Always Give Into Take - Away!

Options
Any good preventions?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    pick your favorite, search for recipes sat-thursday, get your ingredients then spend a friday night trying to make it

i've been toying around with pad thai and lo mein for awhile. i still get my noodle need filled and i can directly control the fat and sodium, plus i know the calorie content.
  • muditamom
    muditamom Posts: 7
    Options
    Fridays are also my no cooking day. I have found some great alternative to burgers and fries. Our local Barney's, known for their burgers and fries also makes a truly delicious grilled veggie and grilled chicken tossed salad. With the dressing on the side you can control portions. Many take out places have healthy choices; the trick is to make them. I give myself a nice treat of no fat sugar free chocolate frozen yogurt. Actually have dessert first and then dinner. Find I eat less that way.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Go for it - but check out the menu where you like to eat and see if there is a smarter/healthier choice. Or, order what you like, but only eat half. Throw or give the other half away (or you could ask if they have a smaller serving size).

Plan your meals for Friday so you have the cals available for your Friday night dinner - problem solved!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Me too, Friday, Sat, Sun. I am out of control, back on track Monday. Makes for a lot of beating myself up.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Try picking a place to eat and look up the minue online before hand and make a healthier choice and then order when you get there without looking at the minu so you don't cave and go for a burger. If you are really wanting the burger (or past or whatever) then have it once in a while. Moderation!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Log in some extra time at the gym! Sometimes after sweating your butt off and seeing how long and hard you have to work to burn those calories off helps you make better decisions! Helps me hugely!
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a crock pot that I'll put something into before I leave for the day. That way I know that I can't get take away because there's a meal at home waiting for us. I do this for nights that are hectic with training and kids activities so I won't spend a ton of money on take away because we're rushing around at dinner time. Do our business and head straight home to dinner. That way when we do have a night out, we can enjoy a really nice place to eat.