Question...can anyone answer?

Options
2»

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I also meant to tell you that if you or anyone else would like to add me as a friend please feel free to check out my profile and add me!!! I love supporting, encouraging and motivating others!!!

Bev
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's probably the sodium, but it's also possible you weren't retaining a lot of water to begin with.
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Weight loss faster than 2 lbs a week is generally not considered safe and statistically is not long term. (Mayo Clinic)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Weight loss faster than 2 lbs a week is generally not considered safe and statistically is not long term. (Mayo Clinic)
    That refers to fat loss. Not related.
  • fmeisele
    fmeisele Posts: 55
    Options
    Watch the sodium, drink a gallon of water per day, EXERCISE and do not obsess on the scale.
  • sunshine1946
    Options
    4lbs in two weeks is awesome. Just keep on eating the right food and follow your daily goal , and exercise whenever you can.:bigsmile:
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I am almost done with my second week of MFP and have lost 4lbs. I never knew how many calories I consumed daily but after counting I know it was well over 2,500 - 3,000. My question is.....cutting over 1,000 calories a day, drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water a day compared to never drinking water I figured I would have at least lost my water weight, which they say is normally your first 10lbs. I know weight comes off a lot slower than it is coming on, but I am discouraged about just 4 lbs. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and eat Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers for every meal.

As you have already heard and realized from the rest in this thread, your sodium intake needs to decrease and your water consumption needs to increase.

That being said, if you are looking to flush out some water weight I recommend a hot cup of lemon water every morning (and every night if it doesn't make you pee too much). With this it is a couple of tablespoons of 100% lemon juice in a mug of hot water. I think it tastes nasty, so I add some Truvia (stevia-no calories) to sweeten it up some.

Good luck! 4lbs in two weeks is excellent!
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    4 lbs is really good for 2 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race!

I would tend to agree: the longer it takes to come off, the longer it will probably stay off!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    4 lbs is really good for 2 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race!

Exactly!!! Don't rush it.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    To help cut sodium, try making a big pot of homemade soup (I like to do pinto bean with a little ham or bacon for flavor but like a chicken and rice or veg would be great too) and then have that and a small salad or something for one meal a day. Put it in pre-portioned containers and you are good to go!