New w/ PCOS

Options
Hey friends,

I'm back. Attempt number 2 with MFP. I need a support group, things are getting serious. I have to lose almost 60 pounds due to obesity and PCOS. I know that if I wanna have babies this needs to happen. I need a serious support group.
Ladies who also suffer from PCOS I'd love to get in touch.
And please send me any kind of advice for working out/delicious recipes.
Little bit of history, I am a 23 year old Journalism student at MRU in Calgary so I have a crazy busy schedule and a bit of drinking issue. Desperately seeking support, advice, motivation and friendship!

Lots of love.

Caitlin

Replies

• Melisamab
    Melisamab Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome. I'm new here too. I dont have PCOS, but do have a weight issue and like to cook/eat :wink: Wouldnt be here otherwise, I think. :smile:

What kind fo recipes are you looking for? I have a lot (not all diet friendly), but I'm working on that... :wink: I need/want to loose about 40 lbs (all the charts say I should loose 60, but I dont think my body is built to be that thin).

You said 60 lbs, is that to get you to a "normal" weight, or to where it would be safe to have kids? Just curious.
    Melisa :happy:
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have PCOS and I'm trying to get it off as well. Feel free to add me.
  • sylmcguigan
    sylmcguigan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I have PCOS too and I want/need to lose the weight before I start trying to get pregnant. Feel free to add me if you need some motivation or advice. :)
  • MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My best friend struggles with PCOS and wants to be a mother so much. Seeing her struggles makes me do everything I can to support her. You can do it!
  • SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    add me! I've lived with PCOS for 20+ years and have just about ALWAYS been overweight and I've lived most of my adult life being told having kids wouldn't be possible. Well you know what? I got put on Metformin and lost some wieight and now have a 24 month old and a 6 monrh old pair of gorgeous girls!!! I have been very fortunate. and now I battle PCOS for other reasons than infertility.

The weight loss IS hard, but I'm doing it! and you can do it too!. get dedicated and be accountable. friend me. we can support each other.