A girl thing.......

Options
A question for anyone who has been through surgery for incontenience therapy....(I'm embarrased now!) :ohwell:

I was quickly scheduled for surgery on Monday (just found out today) for the Tension-Free Transvaginal Tape (TVT) procedure and I don't know anyone who has been through this. I don't know what to expect, how I will feel, not allowed activity (will I eat to compensate?) etc, etc etc. If anyone has any advice or insights, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks so much,
Charlene

Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot......

Replies

• tech_sarah
    Options
    Don't know anything about it, but good luck:smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've never been through it but I just wanted to wish you good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Charlene,
    First off do not be embarassed, you can not controll all things that effect our bodies! Maybe search it for pros and cons before you do this! My niece had a bladder sling installed this past spring and said she wishes she would have done this 10years ago! I have been into fitness and sports all my life and believe me when I say I do know what you are feeling. Before ANY surgery check it out, this is YOUR body!!! Take care of yourself and your health!!
  • patrice27
    Options
    Two friends have had this procedure, and they were both successful procedures. They followed the post-op instructions to the letter- i.e. no lifting things more than a few lbs. etc. They both had family to help them at home- take advantage of it if you have help. It was a week before they were up and around (3 days before they were out of their pjs) and 2-3 weeks before they felt like they could start doing normal things. BUT that is short term pain for a long term gain!! and they are both pleased with the results and would do it again. Good luck!:smile: