Whoo Hoo!

Options
Poods71
Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
Not really a success story as such. But wasn't sure which category to put it under.

I upped my calories from 1,200 to 1,400 at the beginning of this week. Wasn't really struggling with 1,200 but I am nearing goal and was worried about just going straight up to maintenance and firing weight back on and also been suffering quite badly with constipation and nothing was helping (sorry if that's TMI lol).

Pretty much stuck to my 1,400, except Wednesday where I had nearly 2,000 (whoops!) but I have still managed to lose nearly half a lb and constipation problem seems to be sorted so win win :smile:

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    congratulations and good for you!
  • Poods71
    Options
    Thank you. I was worried that eating more would make the weight fire back on again but not so far :smile:.

And I seem to have been stuck eating 1,200 bouncing back and forward and never getting to goal, so maybe this is the answer, fingers crossed. Also, not so worried about upping cals for maintenance now, but I will still do it gradually lol.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm struggling with the concept of eating more to lose weight. So far I have eaten back my exercise calories once in 15 days of being here. Usually I am under my daily goal. I'm planning to see where I am on Monday the 30th which is my next weigh in day. My nutritionist is pushing me to eat more.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Amazing how it works, but it works for me too. 2 weeks ago I upped my cals to 1500 (from1200), increased my carb intake to 45 grams. Which allowed me to start eating fruit again. Although I have increased my cardio by 10 minutes (from 850 cals burning to 1000), I still managed to lose 3.5 LBs in the past 2 weeks.

Makes me feel better as I am getting close to my goal that I can continue eating and not starving.
  • Poods71
    Options
    You should definitely give it a try, even if it is just eating back exercise cals to start off with and see how you go with that. I am just adding a bit at a time and seeing what works for me. Good luck :smile:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Not really a success story as such. But wasn't sure which category to put it under.

I upped my calories from 1,200 to 1,400 at the beginning of this week. Wasn't really struggling with 1,200 but I am nearing goal and was worried about just going straight up to maintenance and firing weight back on and also been suffering quite badly with constipation and nothing was helping (sorry if that's TMI lol).

Pretty much stuck to my 1,400, except Wednesday where I had nearly 2,000 (whoops!) but I have still managed to lose nearly half a lb and constipation problem seems to be sorted so win win :smile:

I too am at my goal weight and I have been increasing my calories and I continue to lose. What I have done is only increase my calories by 100 more a day and I stay at that level for 2 weeks and then I increase them again. I am now eating 1400 a day and I am still losing. I have gone under my goal weight and so I have had cheat days to gain some back. What I do is eat what I want on cheat days and I usually gain anywhere from 1/2 pound to 1 1/2, so then I go back to the 1400 the next day or whatever calorie level I'm at and I lose what I gained from my cheat day which I so much enjoy having lol. Anyhow I will be increasing my calories again next week to 1500. I really believe taking baby steps at increasing your calories helps your body to adjust better than to just jump from a low level to a high level, for one it has given me lots of cheat days lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!