Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
You guys, the following is my daily goals
Calories 1,200
Fat 40
Sat Fat 13
Protein 45
Carbs 165
Fiber 14

I'm 42 years old, currently weigh 141 and am about 5'3" tall. I exercise at least 5 times a week. I've been at the same daily goals for forever. I'm not sure about the carbs and fat amounts...Any suggestions? By the way, I look at a starch and I've gained 5 pounds! I'm trying to eat more protein...

Replies

• lksaz1
    lksaz1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Carbs should be 50-55% of your daily intake, fats 20-25%, and Proteins 20-25%.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think you need to find what works best for you. I usually try to be at 40/40/20 (carb/pro/fat) but sometimes I need to change it to 45/35/20 (around my period, if I have a week where I do lots of extra cardio...) Some of it may depend on what type of workouts you do. I tend to want more protein when I lift, more carbs when I crank up the cardio. My ratio is based somewhat on the Zone principle. You could google it and get the rationale behind it....I'm 5'4 120 lbs, eat around 1600 calories per day and workout 6 days per week. I burn between 320-550 calories a workout on my current schedule.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The daily recommended allowance of protein for menstruating woman is between 55-65 g. (It varies according to different sources, but that's the range.) So you aren't even getting the minimum with 45 g.

It also sounds like you are insulin resistant -- since you react to carbs like that. Which means you want to be on a high protein/low carb diet -- probably 70-90 g of protein at a minimum and keep your carbs under 60 g. If you can't manage on that few carbs, then under 100-120 g might work as well. It depends on how carb-sensitive you are.