Please understand...

Options

Replies

• Ray50296
    Ray50296 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    No haters here, you have your "plate" full. Being a caretaker for a grandparent is a noble but challenging thing to do. Good luck on your journey!
    Thank you and I love doing it! That's one reason I begin nursing school in a few weeks. I enjoy taking care of people especially the elderly or emergencies! :flowerforyou:
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Mama, Have you considered purchasing an arm band unit that computes caloric expenditure? Mine is called a bodybugg. You can read about them on myapex.com. I enjoy using it in addition to the MFP for logging. It has a much better calorie database.
  • Ray50296
    Options
    people fail to understand that our body naturally burns calories even if we sat on the couch all day so I say go for it log EVERYTHING!!! and dont worry if someone doesnt like it your not here to please them your here for yourself and your health so if no one likes it just know that I am behind you 100%!!!! Your doing great mama keep it up!!!

People also fail to understand that MFP already builds in a deficit for sitting on the couch all day...or sitting and studying.
    It does? cool. maybe I can leave off a couple of things like that and focus my mind more on the active exercises. I am doing some now, but I am trying to build it up slowly.
  • Ray50296
    Options
    Mama, Have you considered purchasing an arm band unit that computes caloric expenditure? Mine is called a bodybugg. You can read about them on myapex.com. I enjoy using it in addition to the MFP for logging. It has a much better calorie database.
    I will definitely check this out! Thanks
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    people fail to understand that our body naturally burns calories even if we sat on the couch all day so I say go for it log EVERYTHING!!! and dont worry if someone doesnt like it your not here to please them your here for yourself and your health so if no one likes it just know that I am behind you 100%!!!! Your doing great mama keep it up!!!

People also fail to understand that MFP already builds in a deficit for sitting on the couch all day...or sitting and studying.
    It does? cool. maybe I can leave off a couple of things like that and focus my mind more on the active exercises. I am doing some now, but I am trying to build it up slowly.

Exactly. The idea behind logging your exercise on MFP is to log the things that you don't *Normally* do. So if your average day is cleaning, cooking, studying, etc....then log anything out of the ordinary.

I log heavy cleaning because I am usually not the one doing it...I don't log cooking because I do it daily.....I log sex because unfortunately I don't get to do it everyday :)....I log all exercise.
  • LunaMar12
    LunaMar12 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there. I'm new. Ray, your posts are very inspiring and real! I know & believe that all of the activities you mentioned definitely burn calories. Keep it up. It's clearly working. Thanks for inspiring this newbie.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sending love your way.

Add me if you need support. I'm pretty busy and might not be able to get to you all the time, but I won't ever put you down. Whatever helps you get to where you need to be (unless it's hurting, then I might chime in). Everyone has a battle to fight.

:smile:
  • Ray50296
    Options

Exactly. The idea behind logging your exercise on MFP is to log the things that you don't *Normally* do. So if your average day is cleaning, cooking, studying, etc....then log anything out of the ordinary.

I log heavy cleaning because I am usually not the one doing it...I don't log cooking because I do it daily.....I log sex because unfortunately I don't get to do it everyday :)....I log all exercise.
    Thank you for this info. I hadn't thought about it already having set daily deficit for normal routines..Don't feel bad about the sex...We have a 5 yr old..It's hard to find US time. lol
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Thank you for this info. I hadn't thought about it already having set daily deficit for normal routines..Don't feel bad about the sex...We have a 5 yr old..It's hard to find US time. lol

Haha exactly! And thank you for the friend request.

I was worried my comment would come off as argumentative....I just don't want to see anyone sabotage their weight loss unknowingly.
  • Ray50296
    Options
    Hey there. I'm new. Ray, your posts are very inspiring and real! I know & believe that all of the activities you mentioned definitely burn calories. Keep it up. It's clearly working. Thanks for inspiring this newbie.
    You are welcome and I hope to keep inspiring..That made my day! Please read the posts about the daily routines though, because I did not know this.
    :happy:
  • Ray50296
    Options

Haha exactly! And thank you for the friend request.

I was worried my comment would come off as argumentative....I just don't want to see anyone sabotage their weight loss unknowingly.
    No seriously, Thank You!! :drinker: I Needed to know this, because I just recently joined and had not thought about that. :glasses:
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    we all do what we can and NO ONE Should be judging..best of everything on your journey.. HUGGZ and kudos to you PLUS WELCOME TO MFP!!! <3:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You keep up the good work! I'll be sending you a friend request. You have a good, educated head on your shoulders. Keep positive and feel free to bust on 'us' whenever you want. It looks like we are all good peeps. Hugs from me!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It sure keep me busy! It must be burning lots of calories! I often hang the laundry out to dry and hand wash disges- with 3 boys and homeschooling I go up and down our flight of stairs 25 times a day I bet!
    YAY for making good changes!
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good luck with making this weight kiss for you, make some special time for you even if it's to plan org our meals or to reward yourself for your achievements, a bath, a read of a magazine, a manicure or a few minutes to walk around the block.

You are a strong & very bust women and I wash you leads if success in kicking those lbs into touch
  • Ray50296
    Options
    Thanks once again to my new found friends! By the way, just to clarify....No one has said anything about my logs. Just looking at everyone else's seemed to make mine puny in comparison. All the P90X and things like that. Which I guess I should have thought about the fact that I'm just starting out. I do floor workouts at home, some Yoga/Pilates, and I'm getting addicted to the Wii Just Dance (and golf)! But, no one has said a word about my fitness logs being insufficient. I just felt that way. Everyone I have talked to has been supportive of me 100%!!! :blushing:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Thanks once again to my new found friends! By the way, just to clarify....No one has said anything about my logs. Just looking at everyone else's seemed to make mine puny in comparison. All the P90X and things like that. Which I guess I should have thought about the fact that I'm just starting out. I do floor workouts at home, some Yoga/Pilates, and I'm getting addicted to the Wii Just Dance (and golf)! But, no one has said a word about my fitness logs being insufficient. I just felt that way. :

we each do what we CAN. I have some health issues and right now, the best I can do is go for a brisk (short) walk and do some pilates. doing anything more than 'no exercise' is a good start!
  • Ray50296
    Options
    Thanks once again to my new found friends! By the way, just to clarify....No one has said anything about my logs. Just looking at everyone else's seemed to make mine puny in comparison. All the P90X and things like that. Which I guess I should have thought about the fact that I'm just starting out. I do floor workouts at home, some Yoga/Pilates, and I'm getting addicted to the Wii Just Dance (and golf)! But, no one has said a word about my fitness logs being insufficient. I just felt that way. :

we each do what we CAN. I have some health issues and right now, the best I can do is go for a brisk (short) walk and do some pilates. doing anything more than 'no exercise' is a good start!
    SO True
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hey Ray se my post about the Bugg burn today, seriously interesting.
  • Dress4Dolly
    Options
    Years ago I was a very successful sales person....we had a saying..."what you think about, comes about". You will do very well on your journey as you continue to stay positive about every big or little accomplishment. I have alot of health problems too, and staying positive and happy will keep you self movitivated. I know you can achieve whatever you set your mind to, I just know it!! The power of the mind is so much stronger thank most people realize.