colds... :(

Options
VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
So my immune system is really bad (working on it with docs) so I get sick kind of a lot and now that I moved back to where there is winter I've gotten sick twice already. How do you guys avoid colds? I make sure to wash my hands and stay away from sick people as much as I can but any tips you can offer would be awesome.. thanks everyone :happy:

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey Leash!

I have heard that cold germs need to get in your nose (not your mouth) to make you sick, so avoid touching your face no matter how much you wash your hands.

And to that end, you know how a lot of people seem to get sick after flying? I knew a woman once who was a frequent traveller but never got a cold after flying. Her trick was to put a little swipe of polysporin right under her nose, the theory being that it would help to block any cold germs from getting in there. Who knows if there is any merit to that whatsoever, but she swears by it and it seems to work for her.

I have also heard that garlic is an even better preventative measure than vitamin C or echinacea. Do you use a lot of garlic when you cook? I think you can actually get garlic pills from the vitamin section to supplement.... can't hurt, right?

Good luck - stay healthy!!!
    -s