needs breakfast recipes!!!

HeaterM
HeaterM Posts: 275
edited September 20 in Recipes
Does anyone have any good breakfast recipes that are fast since i have to get to school in the morning and doesnt make me want to gag.:laugh:

Replies

• Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    extra thin corn tortillas or whole grain english muffin
    eggs
    turkey dogs or canadian bacon
    salsa
    all the veggies you can take
  • i do that too. except with whole wheat tortillas, egg whites, lean turkey breast, salsa, and the veggies.
  • I do 1 cup of fat-free plain yogurt (120 cals), 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (thawed) (70 cals), a 1/2 cup of plain Cheerios for crunch (50 cals) and a 1/2 packet of Splenda to sweeten it up a ;lttle. I rather enjoy it!

Good luck finding something!!
  • Denver Scramble

1tsp light butter
    1 1/2 tsp chopped breen bell pepper
    1 1/2 tsp yellow onion chopped
    1 1/2 tsp chopped tomato
    1 slice reduced fat ham chopped (esskay Ham)@ 1oz
    1/4 cup liquid egg subsitute
    1Tbls reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

melt butter, saute pepper onion and tomatoe a few minutes(4-5).Add ham heat through.Add egg scramble in. When egg is just about cooked add cheese and gently fold in to eggs.

Calories:126.55
    Protein:13.96
    Carbs:3.48
    Total Fat:6.34
    sat fat : 1.60

142855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    1 scrambled egg, piece of cheese, light bagel or English muffin. It seriously takes me no more than 5 mins to do everything, and in the time u could have been eating a bowl of cereal, you now have a warm tasty breakfast sandwich to take with u on the road. I eat this several times a week. Sometimes I put a piece of pre-cooked turkey sausage on it, maybe throw some salsa in the eggs. I normally don't have cooked veggies laying around because I eat them up pretty fast :ohwell:

Do what works for u! These are very filling, not to mention cheesy gooey warm deliciousness too :bigsmile:
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    I like Kashi waffles w/almond butter on them or scrambled eggs w/them. That will keep me going for a long time & make it feel like I just had "Sunday" breakfast. I often do the eggs in the microwave & do this at work during my break, but at home will have a banana or other piece of fruit on the road.
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    I make this for the kids just about every morning, it quick and easy. Sometimes I put a piece of sandwich meat ham or turkey on it for them also.

Spray Pam in a bowl add crack egg, make sure to bust the yoke ( I do it with the shell). Cook for about 40-45 seconds microwave. Toast two pieces of bread. When done add egg to toast and if you like a piece of cheese.

Pam spray - 4 calories
    Bread 2 slices = 140 calories
    Egg = 70 calories
    Cheese = 70
    With cheese = 284 calories
    With out cheese = 214 calories

All done in under a minute.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    I make this for the kids just about every morning, it quick and easy. Sometimes I put a piece of sandwich meat ham or turkey on it for them also.

Spray Pam in a bowl add crack egg, make sure to bust the yoke ( I do it with the shell). Cook for about 40-45 seconds microwave. Toast two pieces of bread. When done add egg to toast and if you like a piece of cheese.

Pam spray - 4 calories
    Bread 2 slices = 140 calories
    Egg = 70 calories
    Cheese = 70
    With cheese = 284 calories
    With out cheese = 214 calories

All done in under a minute.

Wow! I gotta try this
  • Keegiejae
    Keegiejae Posts: 17 Member
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    3/4 cup water or almond milk
    1/4 cup pure pumpkin
    Cinnamon to taste

Top with PB, PB2, Syrup, Almonds, or whatever floats your boat!
    I actually make this up the night before, let it sit in the fridge, it'll have excess water, but in the a.m. it nukes so perfectly!

When you need a seriously filling version:
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water (or milk) mixed with 1 scoop rice protein powder
    1/4 cup pumpkin
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    cinnamon

Mix water and protein powder. Mix oats, chia, and pumpkin separately. Then combine, pop in the fridge, nuke in the a.m. I then top with PB. My stomach growls in the morning just knowing this is coming.
  • Denver Scramble

1tsp light butter
    1 1/2 tsp chopped breen bell pepper
    1 1/2 tsp yellow onion chopped
    1 1/2 tsp chopped tomato
    1 slice reduced fat ham chopped (esskay Ham)@ 1oz
    1/4 cup liquid egg subsitute
    1Tbls reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

melt butter, saute pepper onion and tomatoe a few minutes(4-5).Add ham heat through.Add egg scramble in. When egg is just about cooked add cheese and gently fold in to eggs.

Calories:126.55
    Protein:13.96
    Carbs:3.48
    Total Fat:6.34
    sat fat : 1.60

142855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Oh, yummy!! This sounds delicious!! And I think i'd take advice from this guy! 194 lbs lost??? OMG, that is INCREDIBLE!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Does anyone have any good breakfast recipes that are fast since i have to get to school in the morning and doesnt make me want to gag.:laugh:

This is what I eat Monday through Friday- scoop of unflavored protein powder and a packet of instant oatmeal put hot water in for the consistency you like stir and viola quick breakfast and yes its filling you get a complex carb and a protein fast.

I usually eat original oatmeal and add 1 splenda packet to it.- but you can do it with whatever flavor you like- I have done it with maple brown sugar too
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Thank you all so much!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    What is a good recipe for oatmeal in the crockpot? I'd like to make it the night before so we can grab it and go in the morning.
  • Yummy and Super Easy Crock Pot Oatmeal
    Recipe #38584 | ½ day | 5 min prep

Tip for oatmeal: make it in the crock pot overnight! It comes out very creamy from the slow cooking, and I love being able to get up and have that hot steamy bowl right away without having to do anything at all. You do have to clean up the crock pot, but you can make a large quantity and refrigerate the leftovers to be heated in the microwave for the next several days. I use two cups of oatmeal at a time, which is enough for four breakfasts (for me, anyway; probably more for people who don't have huge bowls like I do).
    SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Change to: Servings US Metric
    1 2 3 4 5 clear stars

Write a Review! (optional)

SubmitCancel
    Ingredients
    2 cups old fashioned oats (I get this in bulk from my food co-op, if you used the quick cooking ones, it might be even creamier)
    6 cups water, I think you need more than usual because of the long cooking time
    cinnamon (optional)
    dried fruits (optional)
    spices (optional)
    Directions
    1Put the oats and the water, along with anything else you want to add to the mix in the crock pot, turn on to low, and go to bed thinking about what a great breakfast you're going to have!
    2I scoop it out of the crock pot and eat it with maple syrup, or blueberry syrup, or pourable fruit, and soy milk--yum!
    3To reheat leftovers, I usually add a little water, and stir it a couple of times while microwaving until it's hot.
    4You can add other flavorings as you like, such as dried fruits, other sweet spices, diced apples, etc.
    5I usually put raisins on after it's cooked because I like them chewy.
    6I've been meaning to try dried cranberries

this is not mine but my brother says its really good
This discussion has been closed.