Feeling depressed NEED suppoor!

Options
This was not a grea week for me as I have gained 4 pounds in one week but my diet has NOT been horrible....

I have stayed within 1200 to 1500 calorie count.

Here is my diet usually : breakfast bar in the morning then a snack of 160 in mid day.

Lunch I usually have a salad, light dressing or chicken.

Dinner I eat about 250 calories... may 300

The scalle has cripped up within the last few days and it is FREAKING me out.. on the side note my bowel movement HAS been horrible .... So I feel like my metabolism is slowing down???

The only thing I am not doing much is activity and drinking water...

Help :(

Replies

• laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Drink more water... and get your butt up and go for a walk or some other activity.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

duh

most breakfast bars are crap in a wrapper. eat real food. drink water. take long walks. do some reading and learn how your body works.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Make sure the calories you are taking in is from "good" food -- lean meats, etc.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    First, take a deep breath. It is water weight. I know it is frustrating, but if you are hitting your calorie goals, it is just water. Also, your bowel movements haven't been great? You've probably accumulated a lot in there that also accounts for the gain. Drink some water, hide the scale, and go for a walk.

Keep on keeping on--you can do this!
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options

duh

most breakfast bars are crap in a wrapper. eat real food. drink water. take long walks. do some reading and learn how your body works.

^^this
    The duh might be harsh but tbh sometimes you got to be cruel to be kind!

Open diary would help too for people to really be able to help.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! You do need to drink more water - being hydrated will help a great deal. It sounds crazy but the more water you drink the more you flush out.

You need to relax and get moving - even a leisurely walk will help and the fresh air will help clear your head.

You can do this!!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    If you opened your diary it would be easier to make suggestions. Water is so very important so try to get in a habit of drinking it. Are you burning a lot of calories with exercise, it could be your not eating enough. Like I said if you open your diary it would be easier for us to help you
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello,You do need to drink more water and up your exercise,swich it up your body gets used to the same thing i do weights 3 days a week and cardio the rest,with a day off.I drink between 8-10 cups of water a day. I don't drink soda gave that up a year ago.If you like you may add me as a friend.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking "duh" isn't very supportive! And she asked for support.

I think I would ditch the breakfast bar if you can possibly eat something else in the am--what about yogurt? Or if you have more time, scramble up 2 eggs and eat that. :)

Also, you will most likely have to get moving to see the scale drop. How are your clothes fitting, where are you in your cycle? There are so many factors. But definitely increase the water (I have a friend who sets a timer to drink her water and she swears by it!), get some fiber and get some exercise! And don't lose hope. It will come off if you do what needs to be done!
  • Bdh2775
    Bdh2775 Posts: 14
    Options
    ok one thing ive learned in all these years of yoyo weight is...ya gotta move ya azz!! itll be ok tho.. today is a new day start fresh n focus n forse yourself to drink some water itll help ya poo itsgood for ur skin too.. keep your head up we can do this:)
  • charlottra
    charlottra Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It isnt TOTM is it? I know women fluctuate loads at this time and if thats the case it is only water. Try looking at the bigger picture, see it as a journey and there will be ups and down, if it is your water, it will level out again the next week. If you start getting too down and letting negative thoughts seep in, you may experience self sabotage. I think you are doing the right thing though, looking for support, so keep good and look forward to the better result next week.

Good Luck x
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    This was not a grea week for me as I have gained 4 pounds in one week but my diet has NOT been horrible....

I have stayed within 1200 to 1500 calorie count.

Here is my diet usually : breakfast bar in the morning then a snack of 160 in mid day.

Lunch I usually have a salad, light dressing or chicken.

Dinner I eat about 250 calories... may 300

The scalle has cripped up within the last few days and it is FREAKING me out.. on the side note my bowel movement HAS been horrible .... So I feel like my metabolism is slowing down???

#1... Drink more water....#2 ...... Eat more.

I don't know what your BMR is or your daily caloric goal is, but I was doing the same thing for a while. In fact, almost an identical daily meal plan. And soon I started noticing the scale stop going down and start to go up. So I went into full gear and started to change my diet up, eat more, drink more water. even changed up my workouts......And I lost 2lbs in 2 days!

Your metabolism needs more fuel to work..... and change up your foods too. Keep your body guessing and never skimp on the water.
  • ym2011
    ym2011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some loving advice based on my own experience. Get yourself a sauna suit and exercise wearing in. Here in the UK, they cost about £9.99. You will sweat bucket loads and it is great for sorting out water retention issues but you have got to replenish your water intake with at least 8 cups of water. Also, you have got to exercise. There is no way around that one. But believe me when l say that these things will knock the slow weight loss over the head.
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    Since I don't know your current/height and weight, I can't say for sure, but you may want to try eating at maintenance for a day or two and see if your calorie intake isn't actually too LOW. If you are eating at too much of a deficit, your body will go into starvation mode and you may actually gain weight, or at least won't lose any. 4 lbs in a week is definitely water weight, tho.

A pound = 3500 calories. There's simply no way you ate 14,000 calories above your maintenance level without you noticing, unless gremlins are sneaking in while you're sleeping and shoving large pizzas up your nose. ;)

How's your sodium intake? That can make you retain water like crazy too.

But yes, relax - take a deep breath, and change up what you're doing a little. Human bodies are VERY adaptable. The more you repeat one thing, the more the body adapts and starts to minimize the effects. Plateaus happen to everyone here. Gotta keep your body guessing to keep your losses steady. Change things up and make sure your bedroom is late night pizza gremlin-proof.

:)

Good luck.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would also add... FIBER!!! That should help with your "intestinal difficulties". :)
  • buudharich
    buudharich Posts: 50
    Options

Hi There! It creeped up on me for a pound and a half this week and I'm reviewing my stuff too. I counted what cals you listed so unless it's a big breakfast bar, you're probably not taking in enough. My water intake is about 3L a day with more than 4 cups of green veggies. You do have to eat a bit more if your body is going to have calories to burn fat and not lose a ton of muscle around organs in the process.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    1200 is very low unless you're very short (5'0 or shorter). Get your fluids, aim for 1500, break a sweat for 30 minutes/3x per week (and eat it back since you're on a deficit already), and try eating oatmeal or cottage cheese and fruit, or some other real foods for breakfast. If your sodium intake is consistently high, track it and try to cut it down. Not much else I can recommend without an open diary.

Also, everyone fluctuates in weight throughout the day, so make sure you weigh yourself in the morning. After you pee, before you eat. And don't bother weighing yourself during pms/menstruation, because it will mess with you.
  • MAgiK37
    MAgiK37 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi :)

I know what you are feeling!!! all I can do is share my experience with you without giving you any advices as I know you know best what to do anyway

I used to eat very little at breakfast, feeling hungry at around 10am, by 12ish I'd be completly starving out of my mine then would eat little feeling guilty for it, do the same a little later, by the end of the day ALL what I was left with was : THINKING ONLY about Cheesecake or pizza and frustration on top of that..The day after I'd go mad on ice cream and spaguetti bolognese!.

My problem was how I was beginning my day: BREAKFAST.

I eat a more constistant breakfast, tea,bread,fruits,and fat free yogurt...prepare all my meal in advance and then just eat them.And with all that I'm losing weight every day.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a challenge and let's face it it will be a life time battle, that's what it is. And we'll have some days where we'll just forget and just indulge ourselves and that's OK:)

Good luck, I know you'll do it

Xxo
  • razz02
    razz02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, First of all, Listen only to people who achieved results that you aspire to get ; ). Secondly the only antidepressant I know of and have tried is physical activity. Try to go for walks. If you have time go out hiking for a few hours. Its a treat and really fatburning. You ll only need water and good shoes. If not go for short walks. Do it frequently. More intense cardio is a strong antidepressant.When I am stressed out, running is my cure, when I have cramps running is the cure, headaches also etc. In my opinion cardio is a powerful antidote for many illnesses. I think you re cal intake is at a good level, don´t eat any more. Be persistant and believe that you can do it. Good luck!

"Don´t binge, don´t starve, eat right and exercise- You´ll get there!" Persistance!
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    Eat (naturally) colourful food, drink water, go for brisk walks. And do some yoga type exercises to help massage your bowel!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/361392-yoga-positions-and-bowel-movements/

Jane