Help! Whats your average weight loss?

Options
Ive been on my journey since May. I started off really well and lost 12 lbs in my first month, Iam now only loosing, on average 1lb per week. I was on 1200 calories per day but recently have increased that to 1350 -1500, after I stopped loosing weight. (on advice i read from mfp) I have 60 still to lose and feelI 1lb per week is too slow! Im I being unrealistic to think I should be loosing 3lb per week or is it even possible when you have a big weight loss goal, like me? So tell me what you have been loosing, on average ...any tips would be fantastic. Feel free to take a look at my diary. Cheers!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You should only be losing 1-2 pounds a week. Expecting to lose 3 or more a week is just going to set yourself up for frustration.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    1 to 2 pounds a week is best for your health. Any more than that can cause the body to do quite a few various things to protect itself. Additionally, as you get closer to your goal, you'll have to slow down weight loss.

Isn't it nice to be able to eat a bit more now and still have steady weight loss? That is what makes people keep weight off.