Mind games & discouraged...

Options
I am getting soooo discouraged! My mind is playing tricks on me again! Now last Friday I went to the doctor and they told me I gained 7lbs in the 5 weeks. I couldn’t believe it because my scale said different and my clothes had been feeling looser. Well after getting new batteries for my scale, it still was acting iffy, so I broke down last night and got a new scale. The doctor last Friday said I was 282, this new scale last night said 278! So I guess the doc was right! And in an instant I felt FAT! And suddenly my clothes felt tight. And I had to rummage thru my closet to find something to wear. All of a sudden the things I hadn’t worn in a couple weeks I tried them on and they are snug. Shirt and pant after shirt and pant! I was in tears!!! I finally found something ok. But then I put it on this morning and it was soooo tight!!! Again, I’m in tears!!! I decide to go ahead and wear it because I didn’t have time to look for anything else anyway. I get in the car and everything feels even tighter! I felt miserable. So, after dropping the kids off I head to Walmart. Pick out a couple of size 22s, try them on and they are tight!!! One pair I couldn’t even button up! So I grab a pair of 3x stretchy cotton pants and take them home to change into and wear to work. It’s just frustrating that I was at one point slipping into a size 16 and 245lbs, and here I am over 280 again! Even though I work out at least 5 hours and 4 days a week and am usually netting under 1500 calories. How is this possible when I’m supposedly burning 2500 calories a day doing nothing at all? And why is it now all of a sudden it hits me, that I am FAT! And no matter what I do, I'm always going to be FAT! :explode:

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    that seems like a pretty rapid gain....could it be just water retention? I know my weight fluctuates up down a few pounds sometimes
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say it's water or muscle weight. I used to tell myself that, but now I don't know what to think!
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, you lost 108lbs?!?!? Kinda jealous there, but maybe your body is just readjusting. Make sure your water intake is up there and your logging is accurate. Maybe mix up your exercise to get back on track? Whatever you did I'm guessing you haven't been going crazy on extra calories so it's not fat. Just remember no matter what Don't. Give. Up. I mean what is the alternative, stay the same or gain it back?
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    I understand. Im kinda in your same boat. I have gained 6 lbs this month. Not happy bout it. I even stopped working out because of it. Very depressing. but we can and will do this!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your results. what an amazing accomplishment.
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you! The 108lbs has been over about a 6 year time. I was down more but have gained back 35lbs over the past year and a half! But I think I got my head back in the game now. I'll keep pushing! I need to lose another 100lbs at least to get to my goal!