Greek Yogurt.....YUMMM!!

Options
Brizoeller
Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
So how do you all like your greek yogurt? I love it but I'm always looking for something new to try. And what's your favorite brand? I thought I only liked Fage and Chobani.. discovered I like Oikos too! Any good ideas? I like plain, but i also like plain with honey! And of course all the kinds with fruit in them :)

Replies

• Kakramme
    Kakramme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am trying to follow a low carb diet, so I like the plain Chobani, which has about 9 grams of carbs. I then sprinkle a little sugar free jello to give it some flavor. I sometimes have this for breakfast and it keeps me full until lunch time.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You should look up the Greek Yogurt pancake recipe here on the site, I have them almost everyday and they're awesome...if you can't find the link let me know and I can get it to you
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I always eat plain nonfat. I like it over frozen berries, with sliced almonds, & in the place of sour cream, (on potatoes, Mexican, Gazpacho, chili, etc.) I, also, like it as the topper of my favorite whole grain waffle over defrosted berries rather than syrup. A lot of times I just use a spoon or two rather than a full serving.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You should look up the Greek Yogurt pancake recipe here on the site, I have them almost everyday and they're awesome...if you can't find the link let me know and I can get it to you

SOOOOO Good and filling!
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    I wanted to know this too!Getting to like Greek now but not sure what kind or brand to buy?What about the sugar with the ones with fruit on the bottom ?
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I buy unflavored because of low sugar. Yummm is not a word I use to describe it, it's pretty bland. I add crystal lite to mine, or vanilla flavored sugar free coffee syrup and berries.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I usually get the TJ's nonfat Greek yogurt. Almost every morning, I have a cup of that and I add some liquid stevia and vanilla extract, top with sliced berries, then add pistachios right before eating. Love this snack :)
  • momtokx2
    momtokx2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like mine with fresh berries, bananas and almonds. I also use it in my tuna fish and egg salad. I get hannaford plain fat free. Even my 3yr old likes it :smile:
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Love it. Make my own from whole milk.

A little mango is nice.
    Chocolate whey crisps add a lot more protein and some crunch.
    A dash of vanilla and a crumbled butter cookie.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered Greek yogurt. I like the Trader Joe brand best. It's weird though, I don't like regular yogurt, but really like the Greek kind. :huh:
  • Soltari675
    Soltari675 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also just recently discovered greek yogurt. I buy Oikos and I use it in place of things like miracle whip, mayo, and sour cream. A big difference health wise and though it tastes different, I like it with stuff.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love fage ,i buy plain and use it just like sour cream. I've given it to my teen son and his friends at partys i add garlic powder or onion powder or hot sauce and they have a healthy dip...the kids use it on my healthy fish n chicken tacos ,no fat and lots of protein.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I mix chocolate protein powder and a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter into my plain greek yogurt. It's really delicious, and has great macros.
  • hmcharg
    hmcharg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Greek yogurt to make smoothies in the morning. I add 1/2 cup of frozen fruit; a splash of juice; ice; and ground flax seed. Its delicious.
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    funny cuz I've never been a yogurt person until a year ago. I only tried it to have healthier food options. Til this day I've only tried greek yogurt because it has a nicer consistency and more benefits. I'm still afraid of regular yogurt. lol. the only flavor I'm found of in Chobani is the Strawberry Banana and Peach. Fage was better than Chobani in my opinion. I'm surprised but I absolutely love the Dannon Oikos brand and it's cheap.
  • Jeffjaysmith
    Jeffjaysmith Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani, especially the strawberry & banana, mango, or pomegranate flavors.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos brand. You guys have some great ideas for using it. Going to change mine up a bit. I like the vanilla flavor, but if I get the plain, then I can add some vanilla flavoring with some frozen fruit or juice to make it to my liking. Thanks for all your ideas.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I mix chocolate protein powder and a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter into my plain greek yogurt. It's really delicious, and has great macros.

^^^^This - Yum!!!!!!
    Mixed w/2tbs chocolate PB2 is also yummy. Or with a tablespoon sugar free jelly/fruit preserves. I make it with blueberry preserves and fresh blueberries. For late nite snack tonight had it w/tbsp sugar free raspberry preserves and tbsp semisweet choc chips.
    I buy the Hannaford brand because I'm frugal and try to buy store brand/cheaper whenever possible.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i always get plain (7 carbs)
    then i add truvia and berries.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I have mine every morning for breakfast with berries and a little bit of Grape Nuts :-) oh and sometimes for a late night snack with PB2, apple chunks and Grape Nuts or with dried cranberries (no PB2).