Did someone say run?

Options
Ok everytime i go for a walk with my hubby he always says something about running part of it. I just give him that evil look like are you kidding me. Of course its easier for him to run all day long if he wanted cause he is like 160 lbs and i am like 100lbs heavier. I have walked the trail at the park or near my house and i actually got to the point where i would alternate between walking and jogging between the mile markers, but it has been a long while since i did that. Of course when i do it i dont feel like me feet are lifitng off the ground at all just seems like a brisk walk to me, lol. And when i see other people running/jogging by im always like wow i want to get to that point one day. So i have seen a couple of my MFP friends doing the C25K. So i was thinking hmmm, why dont i try to give this a try. I downloaded an app to my phone (I'm always downloading apps as my coworker tells me) and i actually turn it on to see how it was, i like the way it tells me when to walk and run and that over a period of time i will work up to running more. So with that being said im going to start the C25K workout next week, being its only 3 times a week i think that is doable and i will just incorporate that with my regualr zumba workout that i do. I'm trying to find new things to do so i wont get bord witht he same thing or should i say my body wont get bored or use to, cause i love zumba (its a dance party to me)!!! So i will keep you guys posted on how it goes. Meaning i have to get myself prepared for it this weekend. Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good luck for sure!

I started running last year and had to take some time off due to injuries - not from running. I was concerned about getting back into after being off for two months and being a beginner as it was. So I also tried the C25K program. I am currently on Week 8 Day 3 and loving it! I will be finished next week. I love how it progresses until you are just running.

I really hope it works for you as well - I have heard nothing but good things from other also!

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!
  • mizznikki35
    mizznikki35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! What's the name of the app you downloaded, if you don't mind me asking.... :
  • GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be able to run as well which is why I'm doing the C25K. I live in GA and it is hot as hell right now so I do it on the treadmill. I run at my pace which is about 4m. Not hardly running but more than what I was doing before. When I finish this go round I will start over to bring up my pace so that it can be more like running. I got that idea from a fellow MFPer. For now I am on week four and just finished day two. It feels good.
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    C25K free its got like a black background and its by zen labs,
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    Options
    Your are the one i see on here all the time Gina and thats what prompted me to want to try it, but never though about the treadmill on the days when its really hot, good idea and thanks, i will keep you guys posted on how i do.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Good luck! I finished Week 2 Day 2 today and I love it so far (although I gave up the first day and had to repeat it, but that's because I way overdid it). Go at your own pace, pick some good tunes, and enjoy it!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I'm rootin' for you!!! :happy:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Go, man, GO!
    When I started running, I could barely make it around the apartment building where I lived. Since then, I have run marathons and up to the top of mountains.
    I am so glad I stuck with it.
    Go slow. Don't hurt yourself, or make it so painful that you hate it and so you stop. Progress will come. You need to learn to like it first.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    C25K free its got like a black background and its by zen labs,

I did this program and graduated from it 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it, I was not a runner at all I hated to run but now I cant get enough of it. I doubled the weeks though, doing each week twice in a row. I did this in the begining because I was so scared of running that I wasnt ready to move on. I can run a full 3 miles now and I am currently working on my speed I want to be a little faster than I am now. Good luck!!
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, i will keep you guys posted as i go!!!