Roasted Poussin with Lemon Tarragon Risotto and Sherry Jus

Options
[Edit: I have a pic but can't seem to post an image here for some reason. Is there a trick to it?]

Trying out a few new meals for my restaurant and thought I'd share a somewhat healthy option.

Dinner tonight: Roasted poussin served on tarragon and lemon risotto with grilled asparagus and sherry jus

Blanch poussin in a rich chicken stock and leave to dry in the fridge overnight. Don't cover it, you want the skin to dry out.

Cook your favourite risotto rice in stock with lemon juice and plenty of fresh tarragon. You can include some lemon rind also for a bit of extra zing. Finely chop some flat leaf parsley and fold through it to finish. Add butter if you're feeling naughty.

Roast the pre-cooked poussin for roughly 15 minutes in a hot oven and include the asparagus for the last 3 minutes.

Serve the plate with about half a cup of risotto, grilled asparagus on top, poussin on top of that. Add a swirl of sherry jus (reduce beef stock and the liquid you blanched the poussin in and add a little sherry), and a half of a burnt lemon.

Chef just made it for me, it was fantastic. Tarragon goes so well with the lemon and the chicken. Risotto was a bit naughty but was so tasty. This dish could be made quite healthy with a little effort, and would easily be low carb/high protein.

Hope you like it.