40 lbs down

Options
ktied
ktied Posts: 137 Member
I am 5'6'' and my heighest weight that I ever saw on the scale was 292, around April this year. This morning i weighed myself and was 252. 40 lbs is a lot, in my opinion, especially since it wasn't like I took a year to lose it, the weight has come off pretty fast. Maybe this is a little vain of me, but how come no one has noticed? It is very discouraging and I am starting to lose motivation. Any words of encouragement or advice would be much appreciated.

Replies

• sukiheart
    sukiheart Posts: 8
    Options
    40 lbs is a SUPER big deal! That's a lot! You've done great! If people haven't noticed yet, then just keep going until they do :) Meanwhile, I suggest glasses for everyone you know. How can someone NOT notice a 40 lb weight loss?? They've noticed. Believe me. You'd really have to be blind not to. For some reason, they're just not saying anything. Maybe they fear coming off as rude. Maybe they don't want to jinx you. Who knows why. But I'm sure they've noticed.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I am about your size, height, weight and have recently lost 43 pounds. People are just starting to notice although I dropped 3 pants sizes since I started MFP!!!! Super frustrating. But, in their defense, I haven't told but 2 people (husband and daughter) that I am even trying to lose weight again. One of my husband's friends asked him yesterday if I had lost weight. So it will happen. It just doesn't start registering with people until it is really noticable. I think maybe they see it, but are afraid to say anything in case you are not trying. Stay strong!!!