Runner wanting to tone stomach

Options
So I am 5'8 and have recently went from 166 lbs to 149 lbs which I've very proud of. I run 3 miles pretty much every other day so I'm in pretty good shape but although I don't have just a whole bunch of fat on my stomach, I really want to tone my stomach. What exercises should I do to accomplish this?

Note:
In the morning my workout consists of 50 jumping jacks, 5 push ups, 40 crunches (with knees bent in air), 30 mountain climbers, 30 second plank, and 7 burpees then I repeat that cycle once more.

Replies

• christie5683
    Options
    crunches don't tone abs as much as planks unless you do the twist with the crunch. I have a toned tummy...do diff planks. Google it and you will find a wealth of info for a tight tummy :) Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    So I am 5'8 and have recently went from 166 lbs to 149 lbs which I've very proud of. I run 3 miles pretty much every other day so I'm in pretty good shape but although I don't have just a whole bunch of fat on my stomach, I really want to tone my stomach. What exercises should I do to accomplish this?

Note:
    In the morning my workout consists of 50 jumping jacks, 5 push ups, 40 crunches (with knees bent in air), 30 mountain climbers, 30 second plank, and 7 burpees then I repeat that cycle once more.
    The majority of your exercise is built around cardio. Add in more resistance training to help burn fat more efficiently.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    1. Abs are made in the kitchen.
    2. Eat less move more
    3. Squats and Deadlifts.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member