under 1500 calories, lots of exercise no weight loss

Options
For the last two weeks I have consumed roughly 1500 calories/day. I have burned at least 300 calories a day with running, (sometimes more...6 miles yesterday) boot camp classes or overall weight training. I have not lost any weight! What is going on??

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so I can take a look at it and help you more?
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bump! Same issue here...
  • coliema
    Options
    @Pspetal....I looked at your diary, 900 cannot be your daily calorie goal, not healthy. Why is it set that way?
  • Pspetal
    Options
    Oh sorry, should've explained that. I never eat that less, I can't if I tried! Its just set that way to remind me to pace myself over the day. I'm not interested in seeing the "was under her calorie goal" message everyday. When the red numbers go up, I simply remind myself to pick lower cal options or break my meals down into 2 or 3 meals. If you look at my diary, you'll see that I always eat between 1300-1700 cals. Its just a motivational thing.
  • tracykcarson
    tracykcarson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is set for MyFitness pal members to be able to see it. Do I need to do something else? Thanks!
  • Pspetal
    Options
    Tracy make the diary setting public... That should make it visible to people who aren't on your friends list.
  • tracykcarson
    tracykcarson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok done. thanks!
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    you could try eating more calories or mixing your exercise up a little, good luck! i'm sure it will start falling off again soon x
  • MountainDont351LBS
    Options
    I'm no expert here but I looked at your last few days and noticed your snacks are full of sugar/candy. I realize you are within your set calories but you are probably throwing your body off eating all that sugar. I'd try healthier snacks and cut out the junk. Again, I'm no expert or I wouldn't be this fat. I'm here for a life change and candy and pop are not welcome in my new life.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you've only started exercising two weeks ago, it's not unusual to see no weight loss or even a gain at the start of a new exercise program because the body floods sore muscles with water to help them heal. Drink lots of fluids to help flush out the excess and keep going. The scale should start to move in the right direction soon.
  • coliema
    Options
    Oh sorry, should've explained that. I never eat that less, I can't if I tried! Its just set that way to remind me to pace myself over the day. I'm not interested in seeing the "was under her calorie goal" message everyday. When the red numbers go up, I simply remind myself to pick lower cal options or break my meals down into 2 or 3 meals. If you look at my diary, you'll see that I always eat between 1300-1700 cals. Its just a motivational thing.

Ok, phewww! You had me nervous there for a second! :smile: Thank you for explaining!
  • coliema
    Options
    @tracykcarson- Track your sodium to see how much you are getting, you might need to lower your sodium and drink more water if you aren't getting enough. Look at your sodium and see if it's high.
  • coliema
    Options
    @Pspetal- You also should try to lower your sodium intake. I peeked at your diary and from Saturday- Wednesday you are over on your Sodium, which isn't helping weight loss. Try to stay under your sodium, it will help greatly with weight loss!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Also, you've only been doing this for two weeks. Weight is not going to magically fall off overnight. It's going to take awhile. Continue eating healthy and exercising.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    A couple of things that jump out at me:

(1) Your breakfast is a bit skimpy--mostly liquids and not much to start fueling your body for the day ahead.

(2) Your protein numbers seem to be lacking--if you're working out heavily and doing weights, your muscles will be looking for that protein.
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Based on my experience, you should monitor your sugar intake. I see that you eat alot of natural fruit and yogurt- although they are healthy options they also have to be in moderation. I was in a similar position and when I started monitoring my sugar intake- I realized how much sugar I was taking in! After that, my weight has started coming off more regularly.

Also, you should be eating to your recommended calories- or just slightly less. The MFP has goals for a reason, if you eat too much- you don't lose weight- but if you eat too little your body goes into starvation mode- and you stop losing weight as well.

I think the key to MFP is moderation- figure out how to incorporate your likes and healthy choices together. I have a sweet tooth- I love desserts- and I have desert every night (but I am very good during the day)!

Best of luck to you!
    GCanha
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    Are u only trying to lose four pounds ???
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    Are u only trying to lose four pounds ???

Yes, are you?

And over three days there is alcohol at dinner time., alcohol is not just calories for the body it disrupts digestion. Complex subject, quick way to think is the body says poison detected, system goes into toxin removal mode, that means food is not properly ingested.

Plus all the sugar.

And if you run 6 miles, your calorie burn will almost certainly be nearer 1000 calories than 300.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    if you are only trying to loose 4 pounds, you are not eating enough. you cannot approach weight loss in the same manner as an obese person by creating a huge calorie deficit - at your weight your body will not work that way.

You are creating too large of a deficit. Eat more give your body time to rest. lossing "vanity" pounds as JM calls it, requires a different approach. As I am not in the same boat, I can't tell you what to do, apparently JM wrote a whole book on how to loose the last 10 pounds ( I listen to her podcasts) I suggest checking that out or other material.

Teresa