Better bowel movement - constipation - HELP!

Options

Replies

• amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing my dr recently for this issue recently. She is having me drink WARM prune juice daily. 6-8 oz. It has def been helping. I'd def recommend!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Add high fiber foods to your diet. I like beans myself. Have a decent amount of fat in your diet, too. While you're waiting, try a stool softener.

HTH
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am really big supporter of probiotics! It has done wonders for me (and doesn't make you near as gassy)!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell or Pizza Hut should do the trick
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    water water water water water water
    when you are done with that.. drink
    when you are done with that, drink

i think you get my point.. do not take anything without taking alot of water

i eat 1/2 teaspoon of ground flax seed every day with my plain greek yogurt..
    and lotsa water..
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i eat 5 pitted prunes mid day everyday as a snack. It ensures everything keeps flowing. Plus increasing your water intake may help if you have not done that already.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you posted this. I have this problem whenever I eat healthy. I eat lots of fruit and veggies, drink 8 to 12 cups of water, exercise every day and still need help. If I were to overeat then all would be well. I am taking the powder stuff at this time.
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    Is this an everyday thing...or a monthly thing? Some women with troublesome PMS can have issues once a month...also other health issues can come into play. But if these do not apply... exercise will help get things moving, extra shot of some sugar...it coats the bowels (and before someone disagrees a doctor has given this to my children and it works like a charm...it is some kind of syrup) chocolate seems to have a nice effect (I always liked a brownie and a pop)...caffeine works if you are not over doing it to begin with, too much will dehydrate you and cause things to slow down...water water water...something hot to drink...it's summer so you can find melon, it works because of the fiber and it's mostly water...fiber power is great once things are moving but I didn't see immediate changes myself...also having a protein shake followed by a soda has worked for me too...not exactly sure why...but I use that power in my protein shakes now and eat fiber bars to make sure I get enough everyday and everything moves through just fine.

Hope these are enough ideas to get you "moving"
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Someone who loves you and a spoon.....
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i drink 2-4 cups of coffee in the morning...always helps me feel better and empty my bowels.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I started taking iron (anemic from a recent surgry)
    @ Iron pills is like adding lead to your intestines!
    I take over the counter fiber pills with each meal and a couple times a week I need Miralax.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Brand: Traditional Medicinal's Smooth Move Tea. Natural ingredietns, Organic and only costs about 5 bucks for a box of 16 tea bags. Drink 1 before bed to help. It's what I use 1x a week or as needed (and yes I drink plenty of water daily 16 8oz glasses and I'm vegetarian so I get plenty of fiber).
  • ifyouwanttosingout
    Options
    I am so glad that you posted this. I have this problem whenever I eat healthy. I eat lots of fruit and veggies, drink 8 to 12 cups of water, exercise every day and still need help. If I were to overeat then all would be well. I am taking the powder stuff at this time.

Right on. Same issue. My fat & fiber are fine and I overdo the water, still no help. I think a lot of it has to do w/stress, which has been a constant for me since, well, birth, ha. Thanks for being honest.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    I am really big supporter of probiotics! It has done wonders for me (and doesn't make you near as gassy)!

Lots of great suggestions, but I agree with this!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Ever see those "miracle noodles" that are popular with Skinny Girl? In Japan they are called intestinal brooms.
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Beno helped with that!
  • ekking69
    ekking69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but have heard this from MANY sources over the past 20 someodd years -

fresh lemon juice in hot water in the morning. it's a natural diuretic.
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually eat those miracle noodles they are AWESOME!! you can do so much with them. They are filling. you can have a huge bowl, and they add NOTHING to your calorie, fat or sodium intake. Slap a few shrimp in them and cook them in a tablespoon of butter. BAM Lunch for 120 cal. Best thing ever!
  • rmalanisv
    rmalanisv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A juice of two apples. Just take the middle out and use a juice maker with the rest of the apple. It will works in couple of ours.
  • valleydad
    valleydad Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Apples have good fiber and I agree consuming a lot of water is good. I've done Medamucil but it's gross so I try to stay away.