Tuna Salad from "Men's Health" magazine

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
Got this off of Menshealth.com, and made it last night, and it rocks. I'm not a big measurer, so I just ran the knife thru 1/2 a Golden Delicious and 1/2 a smallish onion. Used a goodly squirt of Miracle Whip lite. No celery, put it on whole wheat toast. Mmmmm...

In a bowl, mix a 4.5-ounce can of low-sodium tuna (rinsed and drained), 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup of finely chopped apple, 2 tablespoons of fat-free mayonnaise, and some fresh ground pepper. Then spoon the mixture into celery stalks. (Think tuna salad on a log.) Makes 2 servings

Per serving: 114 calories, 15 grams protein, 12 grams carbohydrates (3 grams fiber), 1 gram fat

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    awwwww is it only for guys? :laugh: :laugh: :smooched: :wink: j/k....sounds delicious I think imma try it for lunch tomorrow (minus the onion) :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    YES - MEN ONLY - "AND HE SPAKE UNTO THE MENFOLK AND SAID 'VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, THOU SHALT NOT SHAREST THY FISH OF TUNA WITH,,,,,,'".

Mmmm,,, Ok, you can have some.

You allergic to onion or something? The tart onion works with the balsamic and counters the sweet apple to make a great flavor... Try it, you might like it.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    YES - MEN ONLY - "AND HE SPAKE UNTO THE MENFOLK AND SAID 'VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, THOU SHALT NOT SHAREST THY FISH OF TUNA WITH,,,,,,'".

Mmmm,,, Ok, you can have some.

You allergic to onion or something? The tart onion works with the balsamic and counters the sweet apple to make a great flavor... Try it, you might like it.
    not really allergic, but raw onion esp makes me well not keep my food down =/
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh man that sounds awesome, maybe I'll make that tonight. I'll concede and include onion because I believe you it adds flavor but mine will be served in a tomato as celery is not my deal. :smile:
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i love tuna salad and i've been trying to think of a new way to make it, this sounds really good. def going to try it out.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy, but I am curious as to what the sodium content is, since I have to watch this, do you have any idea, CasperO???