Craving Sweets

Options
Hey folks,

I'm a newbie, and I'm actually feeling pretty successful about my nutrition goals right now, but one thing I'm dealing with is a serious craving for sweets... I don't want to eat anything with fat in it (or at least not high fat), because I tend to bring that one right down to the wire by the end of the day... But I do tend to have around 100 calories or so leftover at the end of the day that could be put to use.

Anyone else get weak in the knees for candy? What do you do to kill the craving? Have you found a favorite "go to" sweet treat? Any advice would be awesome.

(By the way, I eat my recommended fruits and veggies. Please don't tell me to grab an apple. It doesn't kill the craving.)

Replies

• fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, when I crave sweets really badly, I eat some pickles! Works every time! :smile:
  • jeffnjack
    jeffnjack Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi. I battle this daily. A couple things that have helped - I grab a banana then my trusty can of fat free Reddi Wip. A squirt with each bite seems sinful but 2 table spoons has only 5 calories! Granted, full blown Reddi Wip can never be replaced, but this kills the crave. Another thing that works for me is to chew on sugarless gum like Extra Dessert Delights. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Hope this helps!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just made some banana chocolate soy pudding to kill my craving. Pretty much anything with bananas cures my sweets craving immediately.

I adapted it from this recipe-
    http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/174343/chocolate-banana-tofu-pudding
    Easiest thing ever- 12oz package of silken tofu, 3-5 tablespoons of baking cocoa (depending how chocolatey you like things), one frozen banana, dash of cinnamon. I don't eat sugar so it is plenty sweet for me, but other recipes recommend 1/4 cup of sweetener of your choice. If it is thin, put in a little corn starch. Blend it in your blender, then place in the fridge to set. If you make it the way I do (no sugar, just banana and 3 tablespoons cocoa) it is 75 calories (quarter of recipe).