Help eating Protein

Options
lepow
lepow Posts: 92 Member
Since I've started tracking, I've noticed a trend that I don't hit my protein amount . . . ever. I'm usually about 1/2 the amount of where I should be, but I hit all my other macros pretty well (except fat). Does anyone have any ideas for sneaking in protein without too many calories added?

I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian, but I just have a hard time hitting my daily protein intake. All suggestions are welcome! TIA.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Eat meat. It has the highest concentration of protein.

You could also drink 1 cup (measuring cup) of milk for 10g of protein right there at 140 calories (2% fat milk).

Low Carb Slim Fast is 180 calories and has a whopping 20g of protein. Its also PACKED with nutrients.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I am told that I eat a tremendous amount of protein "for a woman" whatever that means <_<

Anyway for breakfast I usually have some kind of omelette, usually 2 eggs and 2-3 whites
    I add either spinach or kale and whatever veggies I have available. Cheese would be great for you too (im intolerant)

For lunch I eat a grilled chicken breast on a spinach salad or egg salad in a lettuce wrap. Or shrimp/fish stir fry with quinoa.

For dinner I like to either eat lean pork, chicken, or fish. Lots of it too. I don't eat wheat so I eat about twice as much protein as I used to. Oh and how could I forget STEAK?

For snacks I eat a packet of salmon or veggies with hummus, tuna salad on crackers (or rice cakes for me) fruit (add PB or PB2 for protein). I eat cottage cheese like no other (lactaid brand). I also occasionally have protein powder in a shake or some lactose free pudding but that isn't even necessary when I eat all of the other stuff I mentioned.

I have no problem getting 120+ grams of protein. Hope I've given you some ideas, good luck!
  • RedwoodCoast
    RedwoodCoast Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try some nonfat Greek yogurt (I like the Fage brand, and you can get it at Costco for a really good price). One cup is only 130 calories and a whopping 23 grams of protein. Lots of dietary calcium as well. Add a couple of drops of almond extract to enhance the creamy flavor.