low carb meals

Options
now that my eating habits are under control, I want to work harder at eating less carbs, what are some good, easy low carb meals

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    A bucket of bacon.

A tub of lard.

Whale fat.

hmm....
  • redrobin32
    redrobin32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not nice to knock someone's diet plan. I do low carb not just as a diet but because I have Diabetes and it helps to keep my blood sugar lower without extra medications.

I eat a salad almost every day. Romaine lettuce, eggs, cheese, grilled chicken. Dinner can be a lean meat as well as lower carb vegetables. I try for lower fat choices when I can but sometimes I grill and I will have hamburger or hot dogs minus the buns. My breakfast is usually 2 hard boiled eggs and a meat of some sort. Snacks are celery and natural peanut butter, almonds, peanuts.

With low carb I have never really tried to wach calories as much. I am going to try now kind of keep an eye on them. I must admit however when I lost 70 pounds before doing low carb I know my calories were pretty high. With that being said as well while I was doing low carb my cholesterol numbers were excellent.

That's all I have for now. Good luck on your low carb journey. There are other websites that I visit that are a little more low carb friendly.
  • Bandie77
    Bandie77 Posts: 11
    Options
    here are a few of my recent menu ideas:

Breakfast: 2 links Bob Evans turkey sausage links, 1 oz goat cheese, Toasted Thomas' mini bagels: This has become a daily favorite.

Lunch: 3 oz grilled chicken, mayo (duh, Makes a chicken salad) Homemade cucumber salad, Almonds

Dinner: grilled chicken topped with light bbq sauce, salad.

May throw in a protein shake or bar.

B; cottage cheese, sliced strawberries or 1/2 a nectarine (so good)
    L: deli chicken and cheese roll ups, pepperidge farm goldfish crackers (you get like 50 of them for 20 carbs)
    D: Taco salad Minus the shell.

10962733.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    grilled steak, grilled chicken, grilled ribs, grilled veggies...
    grilled pita (josephs flax ones!) with sauce and cheese. yum.

basically anything you'd make before... without rice/potato. stuffed tomatoes with ground meat, stuffed peppers or even zucchini.
  • LavaRoushFiveOh
    LavaRoushFiveOh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chicken and any green veggies. I just ate beef brisket, with steamed veggies and green beans. Was great. Eggs and Bacon is another easy one. Low carb fajitas. I use Mission Low Carb Fajita Sized Tortillas. Tortilla sliders with the same tortillas. Salad of course. Just pick a protein and a green veggie for dinner. My wife makes a great low carb chicken parmesan recipe. She uses low carb bread crumbs so its about 18g of carbs per chicken breast.
  • Bandie77
    Bandie77 Posts: 11
    Options
    exactly.. just becuase we grew up with dinner consisting of MEAT, STARCH, VEG, doesnt mean you HAVE to eat that.

I make chicken parm too... with probably LESS carbs. I just grill a chicken breast, then top it with sauce and mozz cheese.
    Plop it in the toaster until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
    Done.