Goat herding...calories burned?

Options
myownadvice
myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
Recently, our home-owner’s association decided to hire a goat herder to bring his goats out to cut down all the unwanted brush in the “green-belt” areas around our neighborhood (we live in a fire danger area). We have been fascinated with the goats and have referred to watching them and their antics as “goat TV”. They moved the herd to behind our house in that last few days (as there was a lot of brush to knock down there) so we’ve had a real close-up view. The view got a whole lot closer this morning. So, no kidding, there we were this morning, I’m in the shower, hubby is getting dressed when all of a sudden they blast under our fence and get into our yard! My husband yelled to me for help and I jumped out of the shower, threw on a robe and flip-flops and ran downstairs to help. They were EVERYWHERE! Every plant/flower/tree/bush in my back yard had at least one goat on it. And they were playing “King of the Mountain” on top of our spa cover. They were like locusts! Almost the entire herd was in OUR yard (which isn’t very big). So between my husband and I (and a broom), we managed to lift the fence up (chain link) enough so they could get back through and we herded them back to the proper side. Thank goodness the real herder showed up and will be fixing the fence so it won’t happen again. If only we could have filmed it.

So the way I figure it, I got in some cardio (running down the stairs), some strength-training (holding up the fence), and a combo cardio/strength (herding goats).

Hope I helped your Friday with an extra chuckle.
:laugh:

Replies

• Catie_v2
    Catie_v2 Posts: 67
    Options
    That is hysterical! I work with goats - and love it....though I am sure if they were allowed to get into someone's nice gardens they would not want to deal with our herding efforts.....I would say you definitely burned some major calories :)