"if you ate like this for 5 weeks you would weigh"

Options

Replies

• agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Anyone actually hit that number mfp projects? I've been on for 5 weeks I'm not even close

Nope....not once...I wish it wasn't on there...gives me false expectations!
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP since June 1st and I must say It was pretty accurate for the first 5 week mark. It is motivating, both ways.One day I ate like over 2000 calories and it gave me a number that showed me gaining weight. Needless to say I did not do it again the next day. lol.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be pretty accurate! Now that I have a lot less to lose it's not, but I still love that number :)

wow wtg!! you lost a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT of wt :drinker:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP since June 1st and I must say It was pretty accurate for the first 5 week mark. It is motivating, both ways.One day I ate like over 2000 calories and it gave me a number that showed me gaining weight. Needless to say I did not do it again the next day. lol.

LOL, no doubt huh?! hahaa:bigsmile:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have seen the same projected number for 3 months...It's a LIAR ;)
  • bfaner
    bfaner Posts: 3
    Options
    never, since i started too many weeks ago to count. it really feels like such a big fat LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dianne1
    Dianne1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No...not me either but I also like seeing the number!
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    I wrote a note in my diary that in five weeks, August 16, MFP said I could weigh 320. I don't think I will be that exactly, but I will be close. So, for arguments sake, I think it can be a good motivator and maybe accurate give or take 3-5lbs.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    not a clue what it said 5 weeks ago, so pass.

Same
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hahahahah I should have lost at least 10 lbs by now. But I haven't x_x
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Not got to 5 weeks yet but the number is encouraging.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That number changes daily for me. Unfortunately, I am not consistent yet. Some days I don't stay within my calories, but then the next day I try harder and will stay within it. I like how it tells me that if I overate every day like I did that one day this is what I would weight. On the other hand when I am doing good it tells me what will happen if I keep it up. It is a good gauge of what it could be like.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    no, but I like seeing it lol, today it said in 5 weeks id be 137, which I cant ever remember weighing that little so, I just keep hoping its right lol
  • sirmio
    sirmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find it encourage and I think I've losing the weight as they predict. I've found that using a HRM and food scale help a lot with accuracy.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've never hit nor surpassed what MFP says I will weigh in five weeks.
  • SpiffyMom87
    SpiffyMom87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    go you girl on your weight lost so far! amazing!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I met the first one it ever told me by the 5 week mark, but I only know that because I wrote it down somewhere. Otherwise, I can't recall for accuracy. As long as I'm proud of myself for the choices I make, then I assume that eventually I will reach my goal, regardless of what the 'if you ate like this for 5 weeks you would weight xyz' tells me.

I do like seeing that number though. LOL
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I like seeing it. I think it comes close? but I have never really kept track. Better to be happy about what is actually happening that what "might happen in 5 weeks)
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    As I weigh in once every 4-6 weeks only, I have a pretty good understanding of the accuracy of this number. If I were to average out the numbers it gives me every day by the whole period between weigh-ins, I would say it is usually pretty spot on. Sometimes I exceed that number, sometimes I hit it, and sometimes I am only a few hundred grammes off the mark.

My current weight is 122kg (269lbs) and the projection for the last 4 or 5 days has said that in 5 weeks I will weigh 118 and change (260lbs). As, for the last 6 weeks, I've been losing 1 kg (2.2lbs) per week, it's fairly likely that I will hit this projected goal by the next weigh-in and perhaps exceed it.