Looking for fellow 20-somethings

Options
I'm recently out of a long and serious relationship and I'm trying to get my physical and mental health back on track. I'm trying to lose 15 to 20 pounds. I need the most help with cooking, which has always been my weak point. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them. I'll be joining a gym tomorrow.

I'm looking for friends who are close to my age (21), since our bodies are at similar points in our lives.

So, hello!

Replies

• stuckinsecond
    Options
    Hiya! Need some friends for inspiration too!
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am looking for the same thing, especially because cooking has never been my strong point.. and being a picky eater (in a bad way) doesn't help either! :P Good luck and keep your chin up!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in my 20s for another measly 3 months, BUT... I am a trained cook. If you're interested, feel free to shoot me an FR and/or cooking questions. No question is too stupid, as I personally know THE worst cook in the world.
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    22 :)

trying to drop the last 15 lbs..

add me
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm recently out of a long and serious relationship and I'm trying to get my physical and mental health back on track. I'm trying to lose 15 to 20 pounds. I need the most help with cooking, which has always been my weak point. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them. I'll be joining a gym tomorrow.

I'm looking for friends who are close to my age (21), since our bodies are at similar points in our lives.

So, hello!

i can tell you skinnytaste.com has helped me out A LOT. i enjoy cooking and the site has so many gooood healthy recipes. i <3 it
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Hey there! You're not quite who I expected to see when reading Iskar, but how do you do? Where you from, kid? I am from Sacramento. FYI.....youre too young to be in a long relationship. Get fit, lose the glasses, ladies will love ya. that is coming from a fellow redhead who is on the same course. We have EXACTLY THE SAME GOALS. First things first....if you have any pasta, burgers (except for turkey), cheesecake, hotdogs, or Ice cream, throw them out. Wheat pasta, maybe, could be the exception. But Mac n Cheese is out.
    My advice would be to not use the microwave. I have started to live without a zapper for the first time in my life, and it is beneficial. It is more of a psycological thing for me. Any food I make I will have to cook, and since I cannot reheat it without re-cooking it, it teaches me to make smaller portions, and not have that quick access of a meal that takes 45 minutes on the stove. I am doing quite well with this. It also teaches me cooking skills, and that is a win-win.
    I have been here a week, and have already made it my homepage. I just quit smoking, too, and will be 2 weeks smoke free on Sunday! If you have any question at all, just ask it in the community, and it will be debated. good luck!

btw....check out blowmeuptom.com, and stay for about 30-60 min. Have your volume up.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Why, hello there mister.
    Why specifically some 20 year olds, huh??
    I too, am having some cooking problems.
    Would love to know how to cook some awesome wicked meals.
    I am here for whatever you might need.
    Though, you will come to realize how much I love adrenaline.
    So, hope you're okay with that.
    Hehe, have an awesome journey!!
  • Lefemnikkita4
    Options
    Hey :)

Just about 21 here. I gained 30 pounds after a bad break up and think that I might understand where you are coming from in terms of trying to get back into physical and mental shape.

I too am looking for some support, so if anyone would like to add me, I would be most pleased :)
  • briannecleary
    briannecleary Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, turning 21 in September. Can't really help with the cooking thing, as I myself...don't really do that, lol. It's bad.
  • MMLockart
    MMLockart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I just started 2 days ago and looking for friends to encourage me and me to encourage them. My name is Katherine, but everyone calls me Kat. I have been trying to lose weight for 3 months now and have lost 39 pounds so far. I am a single mom of 3. So send me a friends request.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I joined the league of 20's 25 days ago! Anyone here feel free to add me.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to j_wilson! as a girl's opinion, the glasses are super cool. Keep them.
  • Tineall_Love
    Tineall_Love Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im 23! and im trying to learn new and better ways for cooking and eating aswell- Im looking for friends to add on here also! To share tips and ideas and definately motivate :)
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 too! Feel free to add me :)
  • abbykathleen
    Options
    I'm 19, is that close enough? I'm a college student trying to lose the freshman TWENTY from last year. I'm new to MFP and definitely looking for some supportive friends and tips for healthy college eating. Everyone please feel free to friend me!
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 23. Feel free to add me, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to help with cooking as that's not exactly my strong point. :)
  • cjadkins2004
    Options
    sorry. not in your age group. but..........a great cook. use lots of fresh veggies and spices and lean chicken breasts. recipes. com and many others on line give you lots of easy and heathy recipes. just take a bit of research
  • catiekry
    catiekry Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 19, is that close enough? I'm a college student trying to lose the freshman TWENTY from last year. I'm new to MFP and definitely looking for some supportive friends and tips for healthy college eating. Everyone please feel free to friend me!

girl i hear you! freshman year killed my body too..we can burn it off though!
  • sb14syd
    sb14syd Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! 22 here and got out of a relationship-ish and getting my life back on track, as lots of people on here seem to be doing. Looks like we could all use some emotional/physical growth eh? One thing though- I do know how to cook. I grew up with a mom who made raw buckwheat for breakfast and ground her own flour into bread. I am currently in school to get a degree in organic food production, and am doing Insanity with my professor! So, feel free to add me, and I'll just start adding a bunch of you, ok?
  • Turkey89
    Turkey89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm 23 and I am also hoping to lose 20 lbs ideally. I think joining the gym is great motivation especially if you don't have a gym at home. The one thing I recommend to EVERYONE, which I am also going to recommend to you is, if you want the BEST workout without being bored, trying to figure out how many reps of what exercises to do to benefit certain areas, etc...just join a local Martial arts or boxing gym. Personally, that is the only activity that got me in the best shape of my life, if you want more of a full body workout that gives you a great core and kick *kitten* moves, do Muay Thai, if you want a powerhouse punch and a stronger upper body, stick with boxing. When I started, i was 110 pounds, barely any muscle, and couldn't defend myself, eventually i gained 10-15 lbs of mostly muscle with the mma diet and training and was confident that i can defend myself from almost anybody. I am going to join my mma gym once again after a little over a year of not training due to a busy schedule and a little bit of a motivation issue lol I trust that once again it'll help be get in great shape, gain confidence, and kickass! Sorry about the long post but I get really excited when i talk about Martial arts! Good luck with losing weight and everything else. If you have questions or comments etc, i am more than willing to try and answer them, or motivate :)