A Public Service Announcement

Options
2»

Replies

• Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    No Mc D oatmeal in the U.S? Hmmm not going to say why I think that is.

We do have it in the US. Not as good as Quaker, but it is $2 and is still a good breakfast. I typically add a fruit n yogurt parfait with my order, delicious combination!
  • Big_Daddy6
    Big_Daddy6 Posts: 188
    Options
    Oatmeal is disgusting, any way you spoon it (okay, with the ONE exception of oatmeal cookies). I grew up forced to eat that stuff and I'll defend it's yukkiness to the very end. ;) Also, any time I've tried it again in my adult life, I'm hungry within half an hour. What good is that? Try granola!

If you smother it with tons of butter,sugar and add some milk it's ok. More butter,sugar and milk than oats though......hahaha
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Add cinnamon to it too....helps to keep those blood sugars in check!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I used to absolutely hate oatmeal, the taste, the texture, just thought it was horrible.

Some months ago I decided to give it another shot and I found out that now I love it, plain with just milk and a little sweetener. It's now my breakfast of choice. I make a big pot, put it in the fridge so that I can take a portion in the morning, nuke it and have a quick and easy breakfast.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options

They have it in Michigan, so I guess some of us states in the U.S are still doing okay or at least better... I'll try not to be offended :laugh:
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    The only kind I can eat is the flavored kind. Maple syrup and brown sugar is the best, the plain stuff is gross! From what I've heard oatmeal is very filling and is known to lower cholesterol and help with weight loss! It has actually helped with my cholesterol!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

We have it here. There are at least a few people in this country that like to eat healthy....
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

We have it here. There are at least a few people in this country that like to eat healthy....

Healthy??? 57 grams of carbs and only 5 grams of protein is healthy? Not for me. No way I would eat that sugar laden crap to have it spike my blood sugar. For the almost 300 calories I can have eggs and veggies and have something that really is healthy for me.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm nutty over Cream of Wheat.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal everyday! BetterOats OatFit cinnamon or maple - 100 calories per serving!
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too. Apples, cinnamon and almonds are what I add every morning. Very filling!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Healthy??? 57 grams of carbs and only 5 grams of protein is healthy? Not for me. No way I would eat that sugar laden crap to have it spike my blood sugar. For the almost 300 calories I can have eggs and veggies and have something that really is healthy for me.

TBH, I have never eaten Mc D's oatmeal (I honestly don't go near the place). I was just being a bit defensive regarding what was implied by that original post I quoted. I guess I should know better (hangs head).