What am I doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    yup.. the only way its gonna happen is to drop the processed carbs. end of story.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Key Word: FEEL. Believe you are beautiful because you are and you certainly are in God's eyes. He made you exactly how He wanted you. As for the eating...if you are picky then look up some delicious yet healthy recipes online that you can start making. Salads with nuts and chicken and things like that are healthy and tasty

I couldn't even read what you wrote because I can't stop looking at your profile pic !!!!! LMAO !!!!!

Love it !

Ok ... Carry on ... She's a 120 lbs and wants to lose what ???? Hmmmmmm ..... :huh:
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary I would suggest

1) adding fresh veggies, fruits.

2) tracking sodium and potassium. For every 1 mg of sodium eat 3 mg of potassium.

3) cut out the junk (pizza, pasta, (go for a thin sliced bagel instead of a full bagel 110 calories vs 300), burgers and eat cleaner

Your food choices are very dense calorie, I would be starving on so little food for so many calories.

This was said about the nicest way.

Fruits and veggies...fresh as possible. chicken, turkey and fish LEAN steak or pork. I'm not a fish person or seafood much at all, but I try to eat alot of chicken. I have a small steak maybe once every 3-4 weeks.

I am still new, so I have not lost a bunch, but I do know how I need to eat to lose it. :) Good luck!
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    HI all! I have been trying to lose weight for over a year now. I'm 5'0" and I was probably ~125lbs at my highest weight. Lately I have been stuck at about 120lbs and I am so desperate to lose weight. I have been working out and trying to eat healthy for the past year and I still feel fat. I know 5'0" and 120 doesn't seem that bad but I have a gut and it is so embarrassing, and I used to be skinny and be able to eat whatever I want, and now I can't wear any tight clothes because of my stomach. I'm also a picky eater which makes eating healthy difficult, but I am trying to branch out. My food diary is open and all the exercise is from Jillian Micheal DVDs or treadmill.

I need a reality check on what I am doing wrong, but please be nice b/c I've been very upset about my weight lately and I just need some guidance. Thx!!

I'm 5'1 and 131. And also did not lose weight last few years. I exercise a lot but did worry about diet. You and I have the same problem too - the mid section. All the advice given thus far will be useful for me too. Let's try it and see if we can beat the bulge!
  • eaglesgirl2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I like apples and celery so I will add those, and I will work on adding more veggies, I like the frozen peas idea b/c they probably don't have too much flavor. I feel like these foods don't fill me up and I have a hard time for example replacing my afternoon pretzels with apples. But I am going to just add apples and celery on top of the meals I am eating and over time cut back and phase out the carbs and junk. Thanks so much again everyone, I really needed the reality check. Good luck with getting healthy everyone!!
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I like apples and celery so I will add those, and I will work on adding more veggies, I like the frozen peas idea b/c they probably don't have too much flavor. I feel like these foods don't fill me up and I have a hard time for example replacing my afternoon pretzels with apples. But I am going to just add apples and celery on top of the meals I am eating and over time cut back and phase out the carbs and junk. Thanks so much again everyone, I really needed the reality check. Good luck with getting healthy everyone!!

that is the good thing about veggies....you can eat as much as you need to be full. You can have a salad with some veggies and tomatoes, and then throw on some parmesan and caesar dressing (light) to make it flavorful. Just remember that the veggies are more of a complementary item. Combine it with healthy meats on the dinner plate. You can also sit down, watch a movie, and veg out for about an hour, and not pack on the calories. Although, I do hear that if you have too many carrots, you develop lazer vision =-)
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary and girl...you are eating crap! Bagels, peanut butter, pizza, pasta, pretzels?? You may be staying within your calorie goal however you are what you eat. You need to make better food choices and I promise you'll see the scale move:)

agree with this^^