Hello there! I'm new here.

Options
debknits1
debknits1 Posts: 17 Member
I am a three time cancer survivor (skin, bone and lung) who desperately needs to get back into shape. After my lung cancer treatment (lobectomy, chemo and radiation), I gained over 50 lbs. The radiation damaged my thyroid and I am on levothyroxin. I have a bone graft (tibia) and osteoporosis and take calctonin. Due to the bone graft, I cannot run, jump, etc. I recently had a TIA (mini stroke) and was advised I needed less stress, a better diet and to exercise more. I have a sedentary office job with a lot of stress and find, when I get home, I feel completely drained. I just joined curves and attend a weekly yoga class. I just joined myfitnesspal and hope this is the beginning of a new life for me.

Replies

• SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    sweetie - I love your strength. Friend me and we'll support each other! everything is posible.
  • MMLockart
    MMLockart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I just started 2 days ago and looking for friends to encourage me and me to encourage them. My name is Katherine, but everyone calls me Kat. I have been trying to lose weight for 3 months now and have lost 39 pounds so far. I am a single mom of 3. So send me a friends request.
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to join the group, "365 logins to leave the group." Find a "nag buddy" and check in with that buddy every day!
  • abbykathleen
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring! I admire your strength and determination. Add me! I'm new, too.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Pure strength and will power right there people! Take notes and admire this woman. I bow before you! Way to show the world and show your strength!

If you're stuck to a desk job like me, theres actually a pretty cool thing that you buy from Amazon (Im sure else where too) It's a stationary bike that sits under your desk. Every little bit helps.
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations for winning all of the other battles you have fought. You are a survivor and that is an amazing thing. I would be honored to be your MFPal! Good luck reaching your goals!!
  • debknits1
    debknits1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.:flowerforyou: