How much protein do I need?

Options
I know this is a frequently asked question so I searched before I asked this. I'm trying to figure out what my macros should be based on my stats. I also need to know what I need to focus on to reach my goals (specific exercises, foods, etc).
I'm 6ft 7" and weigh 396lb.
My workout plan is as follows:
Workout 6 days a week
6 Cardio sessions/week
2 Personal Training sessions/week
3 Strength Training Sessions/week
2 Yoga/Pilates sessions/week

My goal is to get back to the athletic body I had before. I want to drop body fat and build sculpted lean muscle.
It's hard to find anything tailored to my stats since I'm SO tall, so I was hoping some of y'all could help me.

I'm about to start Promasil for an after workout protein shake, fish oil, and the GNC Wellbeing vitamin multi pack.

Any advice y'all have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I think somewhere between 150 and 200 would be a good goal.
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    Bump?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    thats one hellofa workout schedule if you are just starting out

it may be a bit much to start with which will cause quick burnout or injury

if you are new to exercise, start a bit more modestly

as far as protein goes, at 396 pounds and weight training, I would go with about 275-300 g
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    thats one hellofa workout schedule if you are just starting out

it may be a bit much to start with which will cause quick burnout or injury

if you are new to exercise, start a bit more modestly

as far as protein goes, at 396 pounds and weight training, I would go with about 275-300 g

That Dave said! You can cut 3 or 4 of those cardio session out! 2 per week is plenty on top of strength and the yoga. More is not bettter if you over train and get burned out or hurt. You didn't gain the weight overnight. You won't lose it overnight. You only exaust yourself.
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    I was an athlete for many years and I have a LOT of variety in what I'm not worried about injury. I'm also not trying to lose weight overnight, but I want the lifestyle I used to have back. My schedule gives me a lot of flexibility and I'm trying to take advantage of it while I can.