Live Action for Mom of 5

Options
Tammy518
Tammy518 Posts: 53 Member
Hello everyone. It's really good to be here.

As I am sure you can imagine, after 5 kids I have packed on some lbs over the years. My youngest is 5, then I have a 7, 8, 15 & 19 year old. About 2 weeks ago our family was going on vacation for the 1st time in a while and I needed a bathing suit.

The mission to lose some major weight began when I finally brought home a bathing suit and my little 5 yr. old girl asked me in all honesty, " Mommy why did you buy that fat suit, I like your pretty work clothes on you better."

That hurt, but it was true. I did look horrible and it was much harder to hide all the weight I had packed on lately in the dress suits I normally wear to the office.

So I began searching for real help with my food addiction. The simple comment my little girl made that day has forever changed the way I look at my life and my daily meals but I couldn't do it alone. My life is much too busy to count the calories on my own, much less everything else that MFP tracks for me.

Knowing that I don't like to cheat on anything, especially on myself, this program appears to be working for me perfect. Granted, I am only 3 days into it but I have the incentive to exercise now, especially knowing that when I do I also gain more calories for the day. I refuse to eat over my calories for the day, so I am motivated to work out so I can not be hungry at bedtime.

I cannot wait to see the fantastic results I am bound to begin seeing very soon. I already feel 10x better than I did last weekend and expect nothing but an increase of the "Feel Good's" during my journey down the MFP trail.

I wish everyone the best of luck in all they go after...remember 'Until you set a goal... You will never reach it! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    welcome :happy: :happy:
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great start for you. Don't get discouraged in the short term if you don't lose but actually gain a little at first (especially if you start exercising more). If you stick to it and simply keep consuming less than you burn you will lose weight, your body will transform and you'll become fit and will be much happier. I wish you the best.

I'm 15 pounds from my goal weight. This website has helped me find the discipline I needed to achieve my fitness goals. And it can help you do the same. Good luck!
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    welcome as a mom of six i can understand how we become last, and how the brutal truth from someone we love can spur us into seeing us as the world does and how we can no longer hide what we've become wishing you every success for your hard work