50 to lose and new to the group

I have been following Dr. Oz show since the beginning. January 2012, I started a fitness and healthy eating program influenced by his show. As a photographer, I am preparing to debut my work at a new work place. I stopped in to try on dresses to see what I could come up with for the opening. There will be one each month and I hate clothes shopping, I am sure because of my body weight. So I go into a consignment store, pick five dresses the size I last wore, and had the staff bring me items three sizes smaller. I am so excited. It has taken nine years to move this weight and through exercise an eating healthy, I am finally making a difference.

I need more support than my facebook friends. They were helpful the first 160+ days. I slipped during my 13 days of birthday celebration in June. I want more support to, more of a dialogure than a routing section which was my experience on FB

I want to connect with others looking the lose 50 #s:smile:

I am also a SF Giants fan

Replies

• I just started today, but I need to lose 70 lbs. I did WW for almost 2 years & lost 25 lbs then I platued & it went down hill from there. I do have thyroid problems but we finally got that under control. My problem is I LOVE food & hate excersise. Maybe you can suggest some. I live in WI so we have been having 100 degree weather that you really cannot be out in. I cannot afford a membership to a gym for about another year, so any suggestions?
  • Allyh76
    Allyh76 Posts: 1
    I live in AZ and it is over 100 here as well. I have two wii games I use to work out. EA Personal trainer and Just Dance 3. I also bought a 4 inch step a while ago online from ebay for cheap. Between these 3 items I work out 60 - 120 minutes a day. You can also purchase a jump rope, do jumping jacks, sit-ups, running in place, and dancing to your favorite music to name a few. Also, if you have netflix there are several workout videos available. I started this diet needing to lose 60 lbs and after 7 weeks or so I have 49 pounds left to go.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    I have a little over 50 still to lose. I've been on MFP for about 2 months. Feel free to add me.