Kiss my TATTOO!!

Options
2»

Replies

• alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A tattoo is one of my rewards. Can not wait to achieve it haha.
    I love your idea and honestly I think if you like butterflies more than birds go for those with the feather. With a tattoo what's most important is the meaning to YOU not anyone else :)
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got mine done the other day. I've kind of been stuck in a rut, and needed to remind myself where I came from and where I have yet to go.

The phrase is Latin, and essentially means that life if more than just being alive, but living life well. The crumbling rock represents my breaking out of my old body and emerging as the new. The numerals add to 288, my start weight. I put it right on my forearm as a constant reminder.

[img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m582/ox4ty5/Weight Loss Progress/0726121949a.jpg[/img]
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ox45: That tattoo is amazing...the detail and the depth is unreal. I love it!
  • MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the tattoo!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I really like the tattoo as it is! I know you said you wanted butterflies, but I think changing it would make the feather not make any sense. Why would butterflies come from a feather? I think it's awesome with the birds and birds fly higher!!!

This^^ or put something else besides a feather in there if you really love butterflies.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would change the feather to a chrysalis, but I'm a bug gal. :)
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so close to your goal! That's fantastic!

I love the tattoo idea, but I have to agree with other posters. If you're going to do the feather, it would make more sense with the birds.

I got a butterfly tattoo when I lost 100 lbs, and like you, I had decided I didn't want the generic butterflies. There's a Seether album titled Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces. That really spoke to me after all of the hard work I had done so far on my journey, and what I had learned about myself in the process, so I combined it with a butterfly and this is what I got:

butterflytat2.jpg

This pic was taken immediately after 3 hours of work, so my wrist looks pretty angry lol. I love my tattoo, though. It's very meaningful for me. I know you'll find something perfect for you, too.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love the tattoo idea, you can obtain your goals!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!