bariatric surgery Monday

Options
Hi All,
This site was recommended by the center that is doing my WLS (weight loss surgery). So far it does seem to be very easy to add foods etc. I have 107lbs to lose and am having vertical sleeve gastrectomy surgery on Monday.

Replies

• vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Good luck!
  • pattyann1112
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Hope all goes well with your surgery.
  • mainelymama
    Options
    My husband had this. Good luck! It's not easy but it's worth it!
  • lglavish
    lglavish Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you all!!!:smile:
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I will say a prayer for you!!! Come back and let us know how you're doing!!! Log your food everyday because it keeps you honest and it really helps:flowerforyou:
  • mangoduck
    mangoduck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I hope you have a swift recovery!
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    Good luck with it. Rest during your recovery period! Don't force your body to heal before it's ready to. Can't wait to watch your progress here.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you with the upcoming procedure. I too have > 100 lbs to lose (yo yo dieter for decades) but not willing to go under the knife. Eager to hear how it goes and down the road, how you're doing with it. Logging food is your best friend :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well, good luck to you!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Take care of yourself. <3
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • blsdhands
    blsdhands Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got "sleeved" in March of 08 and it was the best decision ever!! Make sure you take the first 2 weeks when you wont want to eat and you will be scared to put too much on your stomach because you are afraid of throwing up, etc. to develop new healthy habits. The sleeve is the tool that will help you towards reaching your goal. Sleeve it and leave it! Feel free to add me as a friend or message me!

*Note - I have already lost over 100 lbs and now that I have seriously begun working out I have revised my goal weight and hope not to need excessive plastic surgery due to excess skin.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery Monday. I look foreward to getting to know you once you are able to get back online.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with you surgery. This site is great, but it is only as good as you make it. Log all of your food and be honest. The good, the bad, and the ugly will show up in your food diary, but I can say it has really helped me see where adjustments needed to be made to how I eat. There is a lot of support.
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Have a safe procedure and speedy recovery... Keep us posted!!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good luck and please keep us informed as to your progress.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I had lap band surgery in 2006 and don't regret it one minute. I only wish the sleeve had been available at the time of my surgery in retrospect. Follow your doctor's orders and don't fret over the food. A very good friend had gastric sleeve surgery in 2009 and she was around 315 lbs before surgery and now weighs in at a much healthier 170!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery! Make sure you keep doing what you're doing with the healthy eating and exercise when you recover. I've had quite a few friends who had the gastric bypass or lap band surgeries and because they didn't stick to their plans they stretched out their stomachs again and went through all that pain for nothing! But you CAN do this and you CAN maintain!! Just stick with the winners on here and do what we do! I'm sending a request now and I'll be thinking about you Monday morning :)
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good luck and many prayers to ya! I read your profile and I deal with alot of depression too, my hubby has MS and it is taking alot from him. If ya ever need anyone to listen keep my name in mind, venting it out to someone helps so much!