What would you order?

Options
I'm going out to dinner tonight and this restaurant doesn't provide their nutritional information. I have no idea what would be best to order - help me please!

http://www.domecoffees.com.au/Docs/DOM19352 Z Card Update_WEB1.pdf

Replies

• wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    WOW that's a lot of fried, breaded junk.

If I were you, I'd go with a Salad (Greek or Salt n Pepper Squid), dry (dressing on the side, balsamic if possible).

And the minestrone soup. No bread.

Dessert: Cappuccino!

I dunno how strict you are sooo....If you fancy a burger, ask for the leanest option, don't eat the whole bun and ask for extra salad instead of fries?

HOpe I could help a wee bit! :-)
  • 9n3qtrs
    9n3qtrs Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for your advice! Anyone else with any ideas, please let me know. I'm going to go out in a few hours and I'm in a little bit of a panic. The restaurant we were initially going to did provide their nutritional info and I'd already sorted out what to have but then one of the members of our group suggested this change. Everyone else was keen so I could hardly protest.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree with above.

The greek salad or the ceasar salad or the meatballs with salad would be my choices!

Enjoy :)
  • eatingdaily
    Options
    You cant go for the fruit salad since its only for breakfast right?
    Then maybe the greek salad, since normally the dressing for caesar is really high in calories. Perhaps ask the restaurant to make the salad and have the dressing in a separate bowl/container so you can add less than they normally would.

The vegetarian wrap looks quiet alright too though!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'd grab a baguette or turkish bread. Looks quite good actually.

Let us know what you went with. Take a picture if you can! :)
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you can get the baguette sandwiches or wraps without sauce/mayo/whatever, that's probably what I'd go for. But the salads/soups are probably good choices.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'd exercise my *kitten* off for a spearmint shake! XD

I'm so jealous that there isn't one of these places in Ohio or London (I sort of reside between the two!) XD

P.S. Because I know you want real advice...I'd get a baguette sub or a wrap... maybe light dressing or vinaigrette.
    Order water with whatever instead of soda, saves a TON of calories. Dunno about you, but I like to *eat* my calories... unless it's a shake. lol. Or one of those coffee drinks... Mmmm...
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The wraps don't look like they'd be too bad for you, especially that vegetarian one.
    You could also order any of the salads really and just ask for the dressing on the side, that way you can control that; one of the best things about salads is that it's very easy to see what you're eating and even though you're eating out, you can still kind of control what you're eating!

If I were eating there, I wouldn't try to focus on "meeting my goal" for the day necessarily, since you can't really be sure about how many calories, ect. that you're eating. I would just try to get something that isn't BAD for you. Hopefully you know the basics about what's "healthy" and what's "unhealthy" and enjoy eating out!

Best wishes with your venture though, and I hope whatever you end up ordering is DELICIOUS! :)
  • 9n3qtrs
    9n3qtrs Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! And yes, the shakes look to die for, don't they? :)
    I think I'm going to go with either Minestrone soup or the Greek salad.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'g go with the tandoori chicken salad, dressing on the side, tomato and thyme soup and a chai.

the wraps might also be safe