Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Counting calories after throwing up?

Options
Sorry, not a pleasant topic but I need to know this.

So I had a virus or something today and threw up immediately after 20 mins of lunch- And I have no idea if I should input the calories or not? Obviously I'm not capable of exercising today and it bugs me to know if I went below or over my intake of 1200.
Does it count or should I just consider it as nothing on my diary?

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Oh I think under the circumstances i'd just write the day off! No point trying to log it when your ill and being sick, just take a day off and try and get better. I really wouldn't worry about it, it's only one day.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it, I doubt your body was able to process any nutrients from it. Focus on getting better and drink plenty of water to flush out your system.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Think about a year from now. Will it really have mattered whether you logged it or not? Hope you feel better.
  • eatingdaily
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was feeling pretty bummed and stressed out since it felt like I was resorting to my eating disorder again.
    I guess like you said It wouldn't matter as long as I keep going after this little slip!

:)